2023 LX600 Engine Failure Letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VLX

Joined
Mar 8, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
74
Location
New York
Upon receiving the dreaded engine failure letter for my 2023 LX600 with 25k miles currently on the odometer, I was presented with an option: wait until Lexus approves the new engine replacement, or drop $35k and get a brand new 2026 LX600.

As much as I don't want to waste $35k given that one of the main reasons for purchasing an LX600 is reliability, and I really don't want some mechanic here in the states swapping an engine, I am leaning heavily toward the new car option.

What a s*** show.
 
Upon receiving the dreaded engine failure letter for my 2023 LX600 with 25k miles currently on the odometer, I was presented with an option: wait until Lexus approves the new engine replacement, or drop $35k and get a brand new 2026 LX600.

As much as I don't want to waste $35k given that one of the main reasons for purchasing an LX600 is reliability, and I really don't want some mechanic here in the states swapping an engine, I am leaning heavily toward the new car option.

What a s*** show.
Oh dang. How much would you have to put up if you want an LX700H?
 
Upon receiving the dreaded engine failure letter for my 2023 LX600 with 25k miles currently on the odometer, I was presented with an option: wait until Lexus approves the new engine replacement, or drop $35k and get a brand new 2026 LX600.

As much as I don't want to waste $35k given that one of the main reasons for purchasing an LX600 is reliability, and I really don't want some mechanic here in the states swapping an engine, I am leaning heavily toward the new car option.

What a s*** show.
Was this “option” included with your letter, or was it separately presented by your dealer?

I just got the letter, nothing more, nothing less.

$35K is a rip-off. That’s basically paying one-third of the cost of a new truck, to replace a truck that is less than three years old. I would not reward Lexus in this way.
 
Was this “option” included with your letter, or was it separately presented by your dealer?

I just got the letter, nothing more, nothing less.

$35K is a rip-off. That’s basically paying one-third of the cost of a new truck, to replace a truck that is less than three years old. I would not reward Lexus in this way.
Dealer offered, but it really is a bad deal.
 
There’s no true guarantee that they even have the 2026’s figured out.

I would wait another year to see if the rumors are true where they are supposedly releasing a true fix to it, as people are reporting engine failures in even the recalled long block engines put in tundras.
 
I wonder if they'll offer you more if get the engine warrantee'd and then trade it in for a '26.
 
IMG_1155.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom