2023 Fuel Pump - Options Availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought a fuel pump lately?

I've read here that Aisin makes the OE pump but it does not seem to be available anywhere. Aisin's website doesn't even list a fuel pump anymore.

The Denso 951-0003 appears to be on a nationwide back order with no real ETA. Also, a few different resellers show this pump is made anywhere but Japan including China. I'm not sure what is correct, even if I could buy it.

Partsouq is $253 and I have to order a sender from them anyway but was hoping to spend a little less on the pump.

Curious if anyone else has come to the conclusion Toyota OEM is the only way to go now? I hate to put some crappy fuel pump in but sure would like an Aisin price.

Thanks

I'm curious why you are replacing the pump? I have heard of less than 5 failing in the last 8 years.

Did you test it?

I'm curious why you are replacing the pump? I have heard of less than 5 failing in the last 8 years.

Did you test it?

The pump isn't bad yet. It's only making an intermittent whining noise.

I suspect my truck sat too long with untreated gas.

The real problem is the fuel sender. If a new quality pump was $125, I'd likely replace it while changing the sender, sock, and hose. For $250+, I probably won't replace it and will just clean it. I've got some significant varnish / corrosion build up on everything. I need to run the tank dry to see if I actually need to clean the tank.

I bought the new fuel pump from Partsouq. Mine isn’t even bad or going bad. It was available and I also ordered the sender and associated bits too.
OEM only for me. I couldn’t even imagine putting an aftermarket part in my cruiser. I get chills just thinking about it. What a rush; I might vomit.

I bought the new fuel pump from Partsouq. Mine isn’t even bad or going bad. It was available and I also ordered the sender and associated bits too.
OEM only for me. I couldn’t even imagine putting an aftermarket part in my cruiser. I get chills just thinking about it. What a rush; I might vomit.
Hopefully you recover soon.

After replacing the sock filter the whine is still there. The crap on the old filter was solid and I had to resort to acetone to try to clean it up. If the pump finally gives out I can only assume fuel flow was restricted for a long time. I missed this noise by driving around with a cracked exhaust y pipe since I bought the truck that I recently fixed.

The sender is just shot from corrosion and I can't fix the wire.

I'm going to roll the dice with the noisy OEM pump. Hopefully the Denso becomes available and still only costs $100 when I finally need one. I think the 100 series uses the same pump so I can't imagine it will be gone for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom