2022 Mud and Snow Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in. Leaving Santa Rosa around 5:45 am
Cell # 707 393 9776 in case people want to meet up and drive up together.

I’ll be heading north about the same time. Will be in a red first gen 4runner. I’ll be broadcasting on 146.460 (unless the group has a preferred station) for any one with HAM.

Hi all - please forgive me if I’ve missed it somewhere, but I don’t know where “the airstrip” is. Any GPS inputs or a more official name I can search for?

Thanks!

Andrew

Hi all - please forgive me if I’ve missed it somewhere, but I don’t know where “the airstrip” is. Any GPS inputs or a more official name I can search for?

Thanks!

Andrew
Yep, found it in the email, copied here for anyone else who’s confused:

Directions:

North on 101
Take Hwy 20 East towards Clear Lake.
Turn off to the left towards Potter Valley.
Turn right on Eel River Rd (signs say Lake Pillsbury & there's a little store and bar there on the corner)
Go over main bridge after the turn off for the logging road to go on the county road.
Turn right onto county road after crossing the bridge over the Eel River.
Once you get to the 4 way stop at Soda Creek - turn left towards the lake and campgrounds and you'll run into the Gravelly Valley Air Strip and all the cruisers.

GPS if his helps: 39.44553, -122.95860

I'll be leaving Sonoma by 6am. Will be on 146.460. Have chainsaw and recovery gear but no winch.

Unfortunately it looks like Chris won't be able to join us so we'll need someone with a radio to bring up the rear and keep the group together.

I'll be leaving Sonoma by 6am. Will be on 146.460. Have chainsaw and recovery gear but no winch.

Unfortunately it looks like Chris won't be able to join us so we'll need someone with a radio to bring up the rear and keep the group together.
Sorry guys, I got called in to work today. Dave will lead and is plenty capable. Have a good day.

Chris

Me and Greg got back safely. Thank you everyone for a fun run!

Did anyone connect with Tony?

@petescoffee We didn’t make it to the top of hull. It didn’t look like there was much snow anyway. It was a gorgeous day. Unfortunately a mechanical issue came up before we could head up that way.

We’re home safe - fun time, nice meeting everyone!
0432008C-34B1-4BFF-831E-6994925F35DC.jpeg

Thanks,
Andrew

I got home about an hour ago - on the back of a flatbed tow truck. "Everything was going great... until it wasn't." It was a long day.

Thanks to everyone for your help trying to diagnose the issue, and helping get me off the trail and back to Soda Creek.

Hopefully it's not too tough for my guy to figure out the issue(s) once I can get it into the shop after the holiday.

I'm still impressed with all the ideas floated and work arounds tried.

I got home about an hour ago - on the back of a flatbed tow truck. "Everything was going great... until it wasn't." It was a long day.

Thanks to everyone for your help trying to diagnose the issue, and helping get me off the trail and back to Soda Creek.

Hopefully it's not too tough for my guy to figure out the issue(s) once I can get it into the shop after the holiday.

I'm still impressed with all the ideas floated and work arounds tried.
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Great teamwork and attitudes all around!

0FAAA610-5BBD-49E7-9132-0685C4B023AF.jpeg
ED5337D8-0F42-4AA9-B1DB-8F99BBE55BCD.jpeg

Me and Greg got back safely. Thank you everyone for a fun run!

Did anyone connect with Tony?

@petescoffee We didn’t make it to the top of hull. It didn’t look like there was much snow anyway. It was a gorgeous day. Unfortunately a mechanical issue came up before we could head up that way.
I spoke with Tony on the phone before we left Soda Creek Store yesterday.

Glad you made it home @Ugly Dwarf

Thanks to everyone who came out!

@SqueakyCleanDave,

Thanks for a great job as trail leader and for offering up parts off your truck to test on mine.

I'd gladly follow you back out on the trail... once my rig is back up and running.

DSC03902.JPG
DSC03908.JPG
DSC03911.JPG
DSC03912.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom