2019 200 LC Check Engine and Limp Mode this morning (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the same issue with my 2013 last month. It ended up being the EVAP canister needed replacement. A $900 job had I not had a 3rd party warranty.

I know this is an old thread but my 2016 is in the shop with this exact problem. Rodents. Does $468.00 sound fair for the repair? Haven't picked it up but I'm guessing that the cost will be mostly labor related.

I know this is an old thread but my 2016 is in the shop with this exact problem. Rodents. Does $468.00 sound fair for the repair? Haven't picked it up but I'm guessing that the cost will be mostly labor related.
It can take a while to clean out mouse debris and replace wiring. Most likely on top of the engine and chewed knock sensors. Fair price if that’s what it is.

Thanks. They said that there was a partial nest (crazy.. I drive it almost every day), acorns and chewed wires.

If it is just the evap canister, it is easily accessible once you drop the spare tire (unless you have an aftermarket extended range tank).

This morning the dash lit up with check engine and reduced engine power light. It also lit up the Trac Off light. I had the truck (17 LC) towed to dealer this afternoon and service rep from his initial assessment told it was with knockout sensors or wiring around/in the manifold. Technician looked at it and said he sees a rodent nest and wiring is chewed underneath the manifold. They have quoted me $988 ( 🙁 ) for the work as it will take 5 hrs to remove the manifold, access and replace the wiring. As an afterthought, I don’t know how he was able to spot the nest if he had not already taken off the manifold. The issue was communicated to me before I left and dealership and my stay didn’t really span 5 hrs.

I have asked for pics of nesting as it won’t be covered by the extended warrant from Toyota. Anything you guys want me to check with them or ask them to make sure that fix is proper? Thanks 🙏

I must have driven just 2 miles in limp mode at low speed to drop my daughter to school. However, I noticed that there was a jerk or shake from transmission to shift into reverse or drive mode. Not sure if that is an expected symptom of the issue.

Last edited:
All I can say is that mine was about 3 hours and the detailed work order listed most of that time as cleaning out the nest. My dealer usually estimates this kind of stuff a bit high then gives me actual labor time. For something like this I don't think any book tells them how long it takes to clean mouse poop.

Some pics of rodent mess and chewed wiring.

A96E366B-2CDF-45A6-840E-0AB8DEBBCE9A.jpeg

77BAD727-9375-433B-9393-47C515D8349C.jpeg

Ugh what a bummer. Glad mine fits in the garage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom