2018 LC Additional Features (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I stopped by the local dealer the other day and got to check out the 2018 LC. For the most part it appeared identical to my 2017 with a couple additional features.

1. They added a power rear hatch with a button to actuate it located in the front. (Didn't check the key fob

2. They added a tailgate assist so it doesn't slam down anymore

3. The mirrors fold in when the vehicle locks :ninja:

I didn't notice anything else right away. If anyone has extra info, please contribute.

"The mirrors fold in when the vehicle locks"

Wasn't this a feature on earlier models?

Not to my knowledge, unless its an option via techstream.

As are the rear seats;)

My wife got rid of her 3row 17 for a 2 row 18.... $5k cheaper too

Call me a cheapskate, but wouldn't it have been even cheaper to just yank the third row out of her perfectly good 17? ;)

Last edited:
Mirrors only folded through switch but not automatically on 16-17.

Weird, my 2008 LX570 has a few options that supposedly were not available on earlier models:

foldable mirrors on lock
radar cruise control
ventilated seats
Pearl White
power rear hatch button located on driver's side

Checking to see if I have tailgate assist. BRB....

Weird, my 2008 LX570 has a few options that supposedly were not available on earlier models:

foldable mirrors on lock
radar cruise control
ventilated seats
Pearl White
power rear hatch button located on driver's side

Checking to see if I have tailgate assist. BRB....

Haha, no need to rub it in. We all know Lexus gets the convenience toys first ;)

There is a new key fob that is a bit more upscale in fit and feel as well.

As are the rear seats;)

My wife got rid of her 3row 17 for a 2 row 18.... $5k cheaper too

Land Cruiser or LX? I saw the 18 two row referenced on the Lexus website but couldn’t find a two row option on Toyota site, but possible I missed. Thanks @ryanCA.

Haha, no need to rub it in. We all know Lexus gets the convenience toys first ;)

Except that looking at the LX's gaping maw makes me want to poke my eyes out. And that haptic controller is an exercise in frustration. The LC wins on these two counts.

Question for you guys with the newer LC. Is there a feature that I am missing that automatically turns the head lights on when the wipers are on????

Question for you guys with the newer LC. Is there a feature that I am missing that automatically turns the head lights on when the wipers are on????
Nope. Even in the Lexus the lights are controlled by ambient light, not whether the wipers are on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom