2017 Turf & Surf Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Well another trip is in the books.

Often the weather becomes the theme for each of these trips and this year's theme was wind. From mid morning to about 7PM it was very windy. Last year it was sunny and warm, one year it was foggy and wet. We could probably have prepared better for the wind but in the end the best place to be was in your truck anyway.

Highlights included more of our amazing food via Phulcrum and Mogwai, the light parade, and of course dune fun. I didn't get as many pictures as I usually do but I am sure others did.

One main take away had to do with the moving of the event from the traditional 1st week of November to the second. Typically we'd pass the RV/ATV crowd and have a large buffer between them and us. With the second weekend being a holiday weekend for many, the beach fills up and we get inundated with the ATV/motorcycle crowd which parties all night while they rip around campsites all night. That's not what most of us cruiserheads are into. Next year, if the don't move it back, we are considering just going the week prior or setting up camp farther south. The downside of farther south is there are no restrooms so you have to bring your own accommodations. However, even on a busy weekend, the south section is virtually deserted.

All of that said it was a great weekend. My kids just want to get back there as soon as they can.

Pictures on the way....

- Elripster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom