2016 LC 200 wheels and tires options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is helpful. Do you know if the TRDs will also fit a 100 between 2000-2007?
I don't think so. If memory serves the 100 was a 6 lug bolt pattern and the 200 uses the same 5 lug pattern as the tundra.

That said there are some Similar looking TRD wheels in a 6 lug pattern for the Tacoma, you might check and see if that Tacoma 6 lug pattern matches up with the old 100s and if the offsets would work.

I don't think so. If memory serves the 100 was a 6 lug bolt pattern and the 200 uses the same 5 lug pattern as the tundra.

That said there are some Similar looking TRD wheels in a 6 lug pattern for the Tacoma, you might check and see if that Tacoma 6 lug pattern matches up with the old 100s and if the offsets would work.

Actually, 100 series was 5-lug, and the TRD Rock Warriors work, though spacers might be needed in front.

Have a look at this RW thread on the 100/470 forum:
My Rock Warrior wheel journey

Last edited:
I've been anxiously awaiting this topic. I just took delivery of a 2017 Onyx Blue LC. With hunting season coming up in TX, if I were to get RW rims and Toyo ATII's in 285/75/17, what else would I need to throw these news shoes on the LC? I keep seeing references to spacers and lug nut extensions and I'm completely lost beyond the actual tire and rim as to what else I would need.

Thanks guys! Glad to be here finally!

John

I've been anxiously awaiting this topic. I just took delivery of a 2017 Onyx Blue LC. With hunting season coming up in TX, if I were to get RW rims and Toyo ATII's in 285/75/17, what else would I need to throw these news shoes on the LC? I keep seeing references to spacers and lug nut extensions and I'm completely lost beyond the actual tire and rim as to what else I would need.

John

285/70r17 should fit with no spacers... 285/75r17 will likely have some rubbing. not sure i understand why you'd need lug nut extensions with RW... they do use a splined lug nut rather than a standard one though...

John

There is a tire/wheel size database in the 200 forum, look in the sticky section at the beginning. That should tell what will fit without rubbing. Refer back to an earlier post in this thread by @gaijin, he included the TRD installation instructions, though not complete, notice no mention of spacers etc. But as @ikeb correctly stated, you will need the special lug nuts, part # on the earlier post.

HTH.

Ok, so the spacers have more to do with wider tires and getting them away from the frame than they do with hub diameter. I thought it was something that had to do with the inside diameter of the RW hub not matching the hub diameter of the LC. Thanks again!

There is a tire/wheel size database in the 200 forum, look in the sticky section at the beginning. That should tell what will fit without rubbing. Refer back to an earlier post in this thread by @gaijin, he included the TRD installation instructions, though not complete, notice no mention of spacers etc. But as @ikeb correctly stated, you will need the special lug nuts, part # on the earlier post.

HTH.

Here's my post:

Toyota recommend the 285/70-17 BFG KO's for the Land Cruiser with the 17" TRD wheels:

TRDwheelTireSize_01AUG16_zps1idk5hbn.jpg

TRDpoopSheet1_17MAR16_zpsz1nrluhz.jpg

I will repeat ikeb's caution that 17" wheels other than the TRD 17" wheels may not fit.

HTH

Note that Toyota recommends LT285/70R17 tires, and requires different lug nuts from the stock wheels - part# PTR27-60110 (here's one source: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-Accessories-PTR27-60110-Installation/dp/B0096GL3BY)

HTH

Ok, so the spacers have more to do with wider tires and getting them away from the frame than they do with hub diameter. I thought it was something that had to do with the inside diameter of the RW hub not matching the hub diameter of the LC. Thanks again!

The TRD RW rims are a direct bolt on option for the 200 series LC. I don't have a pic handy at the moment, but the optional equipment brochure that came with my 2009 includes the TRD RW's.

They are scarce, but yes CL has been a reasonable source. Lots of the Tundra guys do the mega lift with wheels to match, and unload the RW's for a fraction of there value.

I've sourced all of mine for $125 each, except one for $200 I think. That said a few guys on the 200 forum are selling sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom