2012 Tundra ---- FSM source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Like the title says, looking for a FSM for a '12 Tundra.

I'd prefer paper but they a $pendy little set (7 books / set & add'l EWD book) ~$1900-$2200 {GULP!}

TIS is expensive for every last time you want to look at something (annual charge is big $$$)

I've yet to go get on Tundraforums or the like - google didn't give much promising there though.

Anybody?

are you looking for the whole fsm or just a section for something specific

Prefer the whole shebang as I want to read at leisure about the 5.7 so I can get to the point on it like I know the FZJ80's.

I expecting at some point I'll buy a supercharger & better safe than sorry.

I need to reply to a PM, I may have a ~2009 FSM but since I'm only on a Ipad & phone these days, I may need to get back to a PC for a .pdf file.

Anything beats what I have though - wha choo got, mang? :hillbilly:

if it was something specific I could print it out at work and mail it but it might be a little difficult to print the while thing out

if it was something specific I could print it out at work and mail it but it might be a little difficult to print the while thing out

I'll read the book breakdown since it's 7+ books - for me the 5.7 seems like the big thing, but the wiring too as it seems wired like a NASA shuttle compared to my 80.

I'll get back with you when I can give you a better answer - and I really appreciate the offer as anything you help me with will be huge!

the 5.7 is a pretty solid motor, we really don't see too many issues with motor. wire harness isn't all that bad either, just the cam sensor connectors are the same and its easy to get them mixed up so marking them is a good idea.

as a side note I much prefer having the ewd book being able to flip back and forth between pages, but work wont buy them saying just use tis. if your going to spend any money on one book buy the ewd

@bigredmachine -

Good to know! Thanks, that sounds like solid advice.

My reasoning for wanting the 5.7 motor part was I been thinking about supercharging, and frankly at some point I do semi-expect it would need me spending time in it.

I haven't seen much here about forced 5.7's & have yet to join Tundraforums to learn about longevity after the blower goes on.

if you do go for the supercharger you can do the install at home but it does need to go to the dealership for a reflash. expect a solid day or two for the install, and the blower is very heavy and awkward to install, you will need someone else to help you install it. the instructions are well written for the install and easy to follow
we have installed 2 and I think sold 2 others outside of the us so I cant really comment on the longevity or reliability of them but the ones that we installed haven't been towed back in so theres that.

Haha, I'll call that a vote "for" then - I'm only a couple weeks into my 5.7 ownership, but I am a longterm type when I buy a Yota I expect has a purpose.

Kinda why I wanted a FSM since I expect to have this Tundra or a very like one should anything happen like theft or wreck.

Only 60K on it, but doing an alternator or whatever such underhood could happen whenever. Always nice having a FSM for even that type stuff.

the only downside is the cost. I totally understand wanting the fsm for learning the truck, I wish I had them for mine. shop threw all fsm that they had out and didn't bother to tell anyone so we could snag what we needed, at least I was able to grab the ewd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom