Hi everyone,
I need help diagnosing a possible ECM/ECU problem on my 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser LC200, 4.6L petrol (1UR-FE).
ECM part number: 89661-60N90
I don’t want to simply replace the ECM until I understand why it apparently stopped communicating. I’m concerned that an underlying power, ground, wiring or CAN-bus problem could damage another ECM.
What happened
Initially, the vehicle suddenly had a no-crank condition when the transmission was in P (Park).
I moved the selector to N (Neutral) and the engine then cranked and started normally.
I was able to drive the vehicle normally.
After approximately 10 minutes of driving, the engine suddenly stopped.
After that, it would not start again.
The vehicle was towed to a workshop.
The following morning, when the engine was cold, it briefly started again, but subsequently became a no-start condition.
Current situation
The workshop suspects the ECM/ECU problem, while battery is good, replaced last month. Not found any faults in fuses and wiring shorts. When ECU can connect, its very rare time, the error code show “P060A Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance”
Main questions
Could this sequence indicate something other than an internally failed ECM?
Especially:
No crank in P → starts normally in N → drives normally → engine dies after ~10 minutes → temporarily starts again when cold → then no start
I’m particularly interested in what should be tested before installing another ECM.
If anyone has experience with a 2011 LC200 4.6 / 1UR-FE / ECM 89661-60N90 having a similar failure, I’d really appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
I need help diagnosing a possible ECM/ECU problem on my 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser LC200, 4.6L petrol (1UR-FE).
ECM part number: 89661-60N90
I don’t want to simply replace the ECM until I understand why it apparently stopped communicating. I’m concerned that an underlying power, ground, wiring or CAN-bus problem could damage another ECM.
What happened
Initially, the vehicle suddenly had a no-crank condition when the transmission was in P (Park).
I moved the selector to N (Neutral) and the engine then cranked and started normally.
I was able to drive the vehicle normally.
After approximately 10 minutes of driving, the engine suddenly stopped.
After that, it would not start again.
The vehicle was towed to a workshop.
The following morning, when the engine was cold, it briefly started again, but subsequently became a no-start condition.
Current situation
The workshop suspects the ECM/ECU problem, while battery is good, replaced last month. Not found any faults in fuses and wiring shorts. When ECU can connect, its very rare time, the error code show “P060A Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance”
Main questions
Could this sequence indicate something other than an internally failed ECM?
Especially:
No crank in P → starts normally in N → drives normally → engine dies after ~10 minutes → temporarily starts again when cold → then no start
I’m particularly interested in what should be tested before installing another ECM.
If anyone has experience with a 2011 LC200 4.6 / 1UR-FE / ECM 89661-60N90 having a similar failure, I’d really appreciate any advice.
Thanks!