2008 Tundra noisy jerky in 4 hi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
tiretoolproducts.com
Hi all, I have a 2008 Tundra, i use it mainly for snow plowing, i have two duplexes that i keep maintained with this truck., Lately when in 4HI, It gets jerky, especially when backing up and turning, Feels like its in 4 Low, any ideas whats causing this?

Is the ground slippery? Sounds normal if you are turning in 4x4 on a grippy surface....thats just a no-no.

If youve been doing this for years with no issue, and its recent....maybe tires, different tires, pressure, ect? Keeping the driveline greased?

If there is noise, when wheels are turned in 4x4, then its likely a bad CV....fits the symptoms....but it might make noise in 2wd too since they spin.

Is the ground slippery? Sounds normal if you are turning in 4x4 on a grippy surface....thats just a no-no.

If youve been doing this for years with no issue, and its recent....maybe tires, different tires, pressure, ect? Keeping the driveline greased?
The ground has snow and ice, so why is it a no no to turn in 4HI? also, tires are like new, I will need to check the driveline, also noticed that the steering is making a little noise as well, in 2wd and 4wd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom