2008 Lexus GX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to upgrade my stock suspension for my 08 gx 470 non-kdss. I want about a 2-inch lift , I’m leaning towards the ome light duty but I am open for other suspension suggestions. I’ve been reading a lot about how old man emu is stiff, but I’m not planning on adding extra weight to a old man emu light duty suspension

without any extra weight is the light duty ome 2” lift still stiff ?

Im also open to suggestions on other suspension systems around the$1000 ish range , want as comfortable ride as possible on and off road.

thanks guys

I would look into an Ironman 4x4 lift (stock weight springs) coupled with whatever rear coil conversion kit you want. Even if you have Ironman assemble the front struts, you will still come in under $1k at the end of the day and get some free recovery boards. Dobinsons comfort valved shocks with stock weight lift springs would be another good option.

Very happy with Bilstein 6112 with 650 lb spring up front and Bilstein/ metal tech medium spring in back. 2" lift. This combination increases spring rate about 15% over stock and is not harsh at all. Firm, controlled, affordable.

I did the same, Bilstein 6112 and 5160/metal tech in the rear. Set the front at the lowest setting, as I wasn't looking for much lift. Works great. I've had OME on my Taco's, unless you are carrying a lot of weight it's pretty stiff. These days Fox and Bilstein have advanced beyond standard OME (even OME has bypass coilovers now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom