2008 gx 470 air suspension ecu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking my ECU for the air suspension could be bad , the Hi-Lo buttons don't do anything at all there's no flashing off light no codes are thrown the compressor will not turn on but I did put 12 volts to it and it does work so I know the compressor is good that's why I'm thinking to ECU could be bad , my height sensors are adjusted properly I took them off and took them apart they looked good inside and appear to be okay II bought some coils and put them on for now but my wife really likes the air ride so I may go back to it, I'm looking for some info on what the problem could be or if anyone has a used ECU they might want to sell, I like the ride that the coils give but if I sell it in the future it will have more value any info would be helpful thanks . Also I know that both fuses and the compressor relay are good, when I turn the key on I can hear the solenoid coming on on the compressor something is not triggering the relay to turn on the compressor that's why I was thinking bad ECU , I know this has been talked about many times any help would be appreciated thanks

Last edited:
This sounds a lot like my 2004 gx470 issue after the dealer broke my air shocks. Basically, nothing worked via the switches but I could get my compressor to come on by using a jumper on the relay that activates it. Did your air shocks ever go completely flat? If and when they do, there is a fail safe that has to be over ridden. It took me awhile to figure out how to do it, but was easy enough after I knew how. I’m trying to remember what I did to get it working again.

I did jumper out 4 and 13 but I didn't know anything about pumping the brakes 8 times within 5 Seconds I'll give it a try
So some people lost their radio settings after they reset it, and what do you mean by resetting the up and down button

To control all the windows from the drivers master switch you have to hold down each window switch individually until they reach the bottom and then hold for a few more seconds. Then roll up individually I think, I just do that and then when you’ve done all of them the master switch will work again. At least on my 2004

To control all the windows from the drivers master switch you have to hold down each window switch individually until they reach the bottom and then hold for a few more seconds. Then roll up individually I think, I just do that and then when you’ve done all of them the master switch will work again. At least on my 2004
Yeah I know about that that's called normalization you have to do the sunroof too I'll try in a little while I'll report back

thank you evil or good twin that did the trick it worked jump out 4 and 13 and pump the brakes 8 * it reset itself high and low work and the compressor comes on now I have to decide whether to leave the coils in there or go back to my air suspension

That’s awesome! Glad it worked. I would love to know what the coils feel like, but for now I’ve kept my air shocks and like them but I haven’t started wheeling it yet, that’ll be for my 2nd GX

That’s awesome! Glad it worked. I would love to know what the coils feel like, but for now I’ve kept my air shocks and like them but I haven’t started wheeling it yet, that’ll be for my 2nd GX
Just an update I took the airbags and hook them up to the system and inflated them I do have a couple of pinhole leaks on one of them right where the fold is so I'm going to look in getting new airbags I don't think I'll go OEM too pricey they have some pretty good aftermarket ones, as for the ride we kind of like it it's a lot firmer of a ride especially going around corners

IMAG0179.jpg

15314425493953827941162848084003.jpg

Last edited:
Check eBay. I posted in my thread the dude that I got genuine Lexus airbags for $250 a pair. They didn’t come when he said so I thought I might not get them and found a set for $450 on lexuspartsnow. Both are really good prices. So now I have an extra pair for my next GX :bounce:

Check eBay. I posted in my thread the dude that I got genuine Lexus airbags for $250 a pair. They didn’t come when he said so I thought I might not get them and found a set for $450 on lexuspartsnow. Both are really good prices. So now I have an extra pair for my next GX :bounce:
How about selling that extra pair of OEM air bags

Nah. I don’t know if I’d be able to get the same deal when mine blow up again. They are sitting wrapped up in Saran Wrap in their box on the shelf!

yep I understand I wouldn't sell him either I just picked up a set of OEM off flebay for 125 each I'm going back to air ride thank you for all your help

Last edited:
My exhaust pipe disconnected and melted some wires under the GX470 and it died while I was driving down the freeway. Right when that happened my rear shocks started bouncing like you described what happened to you. Coincidental?? The main ECU appeared to have been fried, but came back online when the wires were replaced and it now runs great, but the shocks are still bouncing like crazy. I reset the suspension ECU and the compresser comes on, but the shocks don't inflate. I seem to have read that if your shocks deflate you have to take an extra step to get everything up and running. Any advice? I'm really new here (my first post).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom