2007 120 Prado A/C Problem Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Hope everyone is well. I just had my A/C filled as it was not even kicking on the compressor. It is a single system so it was evacuated, held vacuum for 20+ minutes.
So the guy filled it with 900g of 134A and the 27g of oil. It worked fine for 2 days now only the front passenger side of the car blows semi cold compared to the warm air coming from the drivers side vents.
I see no bubbles in the sight glass.. The compressor is kicking on. Why just the passenger front gets it?
I worked in a shop for many years. The one ASE cert I have is in A/C lol. Can someone please set me straight. I am overseas in Finland, I have no books, my gauges, my leak detectors, you name it, Im without it..
Does anyone have any thoughts please? Thank you in advance guys.
Stay safe, Graham

Last edited:
Doubt this helps but also experiencing issues per Lexus notes:

DESCRIPTION: HVAC CONCERN ~|~C/S: COOLING SYSTEM NOT WORKING ON DRIVERS SIDE PARTIALLY ON THE PASSENGER SIDE NOW ALSO THE BACK IS FAN ONLY YOU CAN'T FEEL AIR. THERE WAS A TIME WHERE A LIGHT FOR AIRCONDITIONING WAS ON THE DASH PLZ CHK AND ADVISE ~|~THE COMPRESSOR BLEW UP INSIDE-WHICH CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE CONDENSER NEED TO REPLACE COMPRESSOR/CLUTCH CONDENSER AND TO A FLUSH OF THE SYSTEM TO GET ALL METAL PARTICALS OUT OF THE SYSTEM. CUSTOMER WILL GET BACK TRIED TO GET IT COVERED UNDER HIS WARRANTY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom