2006 4runner Tire Pressure Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had the tires replaced on my wife's 4Runner the other day at discount tire. In the process they broke three of the four sensors. They replaced them all for free but the system is still having problems. The TPMS light stays on even though all five of the tires are at 32 psi. I took the 4Runner back in to have them reprogram the new sensor id's into the computer. The light will turn off momentarily but it comes back on after about 30 seconds after they disconnect. They do have the correct computer to manage Toyota TPMS systems. I have a broken wheel stud also. Is there anything I can do to reset the system? I might disconnect the battery and see if that helps. I don't know if they over inflated the tires to activate the sensors or not (seems like I read somewhere this was part of the process) and then brought them back down to the normal range. Thanks for any help or input. Oh yeah the new tires are a litter larger than stock so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Check you spare tire's pressure as well.

Either they are clueless or their equipment doesn't work well with the ECU. I think they just need to foot the bill for you to take it to a Toyo dealer to be fixed.

Disconnecting the battery shouldn't make a difference.

They have been pretty good but they acted like they did not know how to work on foreign cars. Mostly because they said the computer was new and they were still trying to figure it out. They paid to have my wheel stud fixed since it broke right after the new tires. I will take it back and give them one more chance to fix it and then I will see if they will pay to take it to the dealer. I imagine they will, the manager seems pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom