2004 LC electrical issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a 04 LC back in November of last year and it’s been in the shop since a week after I got it (some weird grinding noise, that’s not what I’m needing help with). There is also an issue with my head unit. It came up after a big rain and since then my radio specifically hasn’t been working right. The touch screen is flickering (dimming then bright very rapidly) and it also won’t turn off when the key is out of the ignition. On top of that the radio function will not work. The climate control is still working and I know they’re tied in together. So basically I’m not sure if it’s due to water damage (cause I know these tend to leak) or if the head unit is just shot and needs to be replaced. I got a used one off Facebook market place (150$) and I want to make sure it’s the unit itself that’s dead before I put the new one in and something else kills that one too.

From what I have read on here, it seems like the heavy rain is your culprit. My 99 LC is having a similar issue with the headunit also flickering (as of today) among some other weird minor observations like a loud switching noise behind the radio and an ABS light. However the LC has been dry for nearly a week and the problems have only progressed. Will update.

From what I have read on here, it seems like the heavy rain is your culprit. My 99 LC is having a similar issue with the headunit also flickering (as of today) among some other weird minor observations like a loud switching noise behind the radio and an ABS light. However the LC has been dry for nearly a week and the problems have only progressed. Will update.
Mine ended up fixing itself? I never tracked down the issue. I did clean out my sunroof drain holes because they were stopped up. It has rained since and it still seems to be working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom