2004 GX470 Wipers not working. BCM-Wiper relay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member 1st post. (Yes I have used the search can't find an answer)

Randomly my wipers quit while my wife was driving it a few weeks ago.

I've checked all fuses ( not just wiper circuit) then taken the cowl panel off and tested for power @ the motor. Have 1 wire powered constant. So I used test leads and fed the motor power and I have high and low. So I assumed the switch was bad. Ordered 1 from rock auto and installed and wipers are still not working.

My question has anyone ever had the wiper relay fail? ( all power for switch runs thru relay) or a Body Control Module? I'm at a loss and wiring is not my strong suit. I haven't checked continuity from switch to relay yet but plan too.

Screenshot_20210110-113842_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210110-113803_Chrome.jpg

You're on the right track. Just keep breaking down the circuit in pieces to test. You have power to the wipers and they work. You have a functioning wiper switch (assuming because it's new). You need to test the wires between and that relay.

It's tedious work, but take it methodically and you'll find it. I would head to that wiper relay first. If that's good, then I'd go for the wiring in between all components.

You're on the right track. Just keep breaking down the circuit in pieces to test. You have power to the wipers and they work. You have a functioning wiper switch (assuming because it's new). You need to test the wires between and that relay.

It's tedious work, but take it methodically and you'll find it. I would head to that wiper relay first. If that's good, then I'd go for the wiring in between all components.
Put a used oem relay of fleabay and fixed 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom