2004 GX470 266k miles build or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Supposedly there is a LC in the Denver area that comes into the dealer for service on occasion with about 800k miles on it. I would not underestimate the quality of the drivetrain on the Lexus vehicles. All Lexus vehicles sold in the states (except the RX) are made in the same plant in Japan (according to the Wikipedia entry on Lexus). And I think we all agree most LX/GX vehicles are originally purchased by people who have no intent of taking them off road. So the first 50 to 150k miles on most of them were probably in the suburbs taking kids to school. A few years ago with my brother we pulled into Telluride in his 99 LX after coming down Black Bear, and he and our other vehicle parallel parked in front of Starbucks between an Audi and something else. We get out, and start talking to the two (presumably somewhat wealthy) guys sitting outside of starbucks. We told them we just did Black Bear and the guy looks at the LX and goes "in THAT?!" People don't buy them new for that....

a couple times I’ve had other drivers make comments like “oh, u made it” when climbing up a medium difficult rocky hill or comments like “if he made it on his lexus, then I should have no problem making it”

Or a driver on a hummer h1 shake his head in disbelief when passing by me going on a downhill trail while I was going up on the same trail

I actually enjoy playing mind tricks of people.

It’s great to know that these drive trains can last that long. It gives me confidence to explore the West

Oh yeah, I know man. It's funny, people still don't get it. In another situation, literally the VERY first time I took my GX off road, completely stock, with street tires almost down to the wear bars, was at the beach, Outer Banks, NC. Not only did I recover 1 guy, I would have recovered another but didn't have an extra shackle I needed. Saw multiple other guys stuck. The GX backed UP a hill of soft deep sand in bald street tires! For me to pull out a pick up that had buried itself...anyway, lol.

a couple times I’ve had other drivers make comments like “oh, u made it” when climbing up a medium difficult rocky hill or comments like “if he made it on his lexus, then I should have no problem making it”

Or a driver on a hummer h1 shake his head in disbelief when passing by me going on a downhill trail while I was going up on the same trail

I actually enjoy playing mind tricks of people.

It’s great to know that these drive trains can last that long. It gives me confidence to explore the West

Yeah i can see that now that i have cut the exhaust and put aftermarket muffler on it has a nice rumble and i went with the 255 75 17 BF Goodrich mud terrains i like them people are double taking when i drive by. I'm thinking about going with the ToyTec ultimate 3" lift does anyone have this lift if so how do you like it? Also will i need UCAs for a 3" lift?

IMG_4787.JPG

So her she is hoping to get the running boards off this weekend and get a mock up of the front bumper done so i can start making one also got all LED lights for the interior should look nice.

If you're on a budget you should look into Bilstien 5100 struts up front. Their adjustable for 0-2.5" of lift. I run them on my Sequoia set at 1.5" to level it out. I think I paid $350 for them with rear shocks at 4WP.

I'm not running the full toytec 3" lift but I have 5100s all around with stock coil and uca in the front, superflex hd rear and metal tech conversion, . Overall it rides great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom