2003 GX470, 230K mi for $9500 - Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the forum, looking to get my first GX470. Found what I think is a reasonable deal, but want to check thoughts here.

Basically, I'm looking at a 2003 GX470 with 230K miles on it. Was always taken to the Lexus dealer by the previous owner, and in terms of major repairs it had the air bag replaced at 175K and then the timing belt was done at 180K.

Main issue is the center diff lock is blinking and won't lock. Previous owner didn't take it offroading, so it wasn't ever used. What kind of costs would I be looking at for that repair? Also, is there anything else I should dig into?

Overall, is this a good deal?

Used car prices are heading for the moon right now, but I would be extremely cautious with that price and mileage. The center diff lock alone can be $3000 or at a shop.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really on the fence here. It's a single owner and always taken to the Lexus dealership (got the full history from drivers.lexus.com) and worried that might be rare to find. The interior was much better than a 2004 and 2007 I had looked at that day and even all the CV boots were great.

I'm also wary of the prices going to the moon as you mentioned. Crazy to see what people could snag less than a year ago.

Overall, though, I think I might hold out for a good 2007 without the center diff issue. Would be nice to have the updated engine and nav.

Do you have a GX470? If so, mind if you could share the year and likes/dislikes?

I have a 2004 and I love it. At 211k it is still going strong and I'm not very easy on it. I have had zero mechanical issues with mine. I'm not aware of a center diff issue with any of them. The replacement shift motor is the same part number, but perhaps they updated it somewhere along the line. Have you looked at buying a GX460? You get a much better deal mile per dollar, and if financed the interest rate will be lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom