200 through Kane Creek Canyon? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was thinking back on one of my ill advised adventures in my built 100 series- Kane Creek Canyon at night and was wondering if any of the crowd has taken their 200 series through it. Actually my 100 series is fully built after blowing my front diff that night!
Anyone?

Not something I would try, even in daylight.

Not my 200 yet, but I did in my FJ... at night... in snow.

I didn’t feel that a slightly wider Toyota would have any tougher time through it, if that helps.

I do have front and rear lockers, 33.5” tires, and all the armor needed to now worry about the underside on both vehicles.

Not my 200 yet, but I did in my FJ... at night... in snow.

I didnt feel that a slightly wider Toyota would have any tougher time through it.

I do have front and rear lockers, 33.5” tires, and all the armor needed to now worry about the underside.

Let’s do it next summer before LCDC. :) I will hopefully be fully locked by then.

Not the entire trail. The wife and I went about 1.5-2 hrs into the trail and it was pretty cool. The initial ledges seem intimidating but aren't bad. There's some tight brush so be comfortable with pinstripes. Some of the creek crossings required specific lines though I don't recall needing to engage the lockers (I do remember smacking my plastic bumper several times).

We turned around just before a steep waterfall obstacle where the trail proceeded up the canyon wall. It looked tight and a bit off-camber but nothing terrible. I don't see any reason you couldn't have a good time in the 200 on the trail but I we didn't finish it out, either. You can always turn around and head over Hurrah Pass to Chicken Corners (and on even to Lockhart Basin/Canyon for a multi-day trip) from that area.

Water/flooding can be a problem. The water was low and the trail was pretty dry when we were there. I can imagine it being quite impassable during other times of the year.

Not the entire trail. The wife and I went about 1.5-2 hrs into the trail and it was pretty cool. The initial ledges seem intimidating but aren't bad. There's some tight brush so be comfortable with pinstripes. Some of the creek crossings required specific lines though I don't recall needing to engage the lockers (I do remember smacking my plastic bumper several times).

We turned around just before a steep waterfall obstacle where the trail proceeded up the canyon wall. It looked tight and a bit off-camber but nothing terrible. I don't see any reason you couldn't have a good time in the 200 on the trail but I we didn't finish it out, either. You can always turn around and head over Hurrah Pass to Chicken Corners (and on even to Lockhart Basin/Canyon for a multi-day trip) from that area.

Water/flooding can be a problem. The water was low and the trail was pretty dry when we were there. I can imagine it being quite impassable during other times of the year.
I feel a pre-LCDC planning is beginning...

This thread needs pics. :)

Very dependent on weather and time of year... expect the typical pinstripes but also prepare for the deep water crossings and I’d make sure you have another vehicle with you or an operational winch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom