200 series lc turbo 4.5l v8 twin turbo diesel oil burning? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My toyota 200 series v8 diesel twin turbo is burning alot of oil can anyone help me

There have been quite a few reports of this - most dealers say it's normal for the first few thousand kms, until the first oil change. Mention it to your dealer though, the more reports Toyota get about this, the better.

That just doesn't sound normal to me. I would be throwing a fit at this point.

Hi takstar23, what part of the globe you from ?. There is a heap written about the V8 diesel and oil consumption on lcool.org (probably because its predominantly an OZ site and the V8 D-4D is popular there...)

Just been doing some reading - this is a very common issue with the V8 diesel. Current fix is the vacuum pump, but rumour has it that newly designed rings will soon be released.

A temporary fix is to switch to 15W 40 oil.

Takstar23, speak to your dealer about this - he must have heard about it.

Just diesel talk, both my Cummins when new consumed half a gallon of oil a week for a few thousand miles.

Two mates with the v8 turbo tlc 79 tray backs in perth Aus that burnt oil until they clicked over 10,000 to 15,000 km but the ute's here are single turbo not twin like the 200 not sure if that makes a oil burning issue different the toyota dealer ship have noted it and realized the problem but that's it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom