20 qt Refrigerator Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fantic

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a 12v fridge for my work truck. I only need around 20 qt. Most I have looked at are twice that size. I have a 2015 Chevy extended cab. Right now I have a 20 qt Yeti sitting in the back seat and it's about the perfect size. I'm just tired of buying ice every day. Thanks in advance.

I didn't realize till this morning that there is a difference between a cooler and a fridge. I was wondering why the prices were all over the place. The Engel looks nice but kind of hard to justify the price. I don't know if the coolers will work for me when the inside of the truck is 100 deg. They only cool down to 40 deg under outside temp. Think I'll stick with the Yeti till fall and find a good cooler when temps go down.

Yeah, the non compressor coolers are kind of pieces of s***, you'd be better with the yeti.
Dometic makes some small less expensive fridges too.
The cf-018 and cdf-11 should be in the $3-400 range...

I have two ARBs both when ARB was built by Engels. One I bought in 1996 and the other in 1997.
Both have run continuously since I've had them either in a truck or in the shop holding drinks and overflow from the fridge. The dollar was stronger back then so I paid 425.00 for the 30 quart and something just over 600.00 for the 50 quart. They have paid for themselves
many times over in ice. The Engels run the best compressor made, the Sawfuji. They've both been beat down trails throughout the Southwest
without any glitches. If they ever go bad I'll buy another. The way they've been going they may just outlive me.

I agree. The Sawafuji Engels are about the best 12v fridge unit ever made. I have an MT45 from 2003 still running perfectly, and a Sawafuji/Norcold from the '80s that I got used that also works perfectly. Highly recommended. The price seems scary until you're 10 years in. Then you realize it's cheap and you should buy another. My MT 45 has been on countless off road trips, countless Costco shopping trips, and provided cold drinks at countless house parties. And, it's still perfect in every way. The one time price is a lot, but the price over time is not. Buy it and enjoy not having to mess with coolers and ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom