2-din HU, Kenwood or Alpine, or ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uHu

Bridgeburner
Threads
Got to upgrade the HU in the 2004 100 series. Not having any external input, and only FM radio, doesn't cut it anymore. Over here FM broadcast is discontinued during 2017, and DAB is the new system (although already old...). Currently the truck has a non-navi HU, so it's fairly easy to change to any 2-din, just need the surround/face-plate, and adpaters for plugs and steering wheel controls. And if I get one with navigation, I can drop the Garmin sitting on top of the dash.

Been looking at Alpine mainly. Their latest HUs with 7" screen (or even 8") have capacitive touch screens, which is supposed to be sooo much better than the older type. These newest ones do not have any DVD/CD-drive though, and are only single DIN behind the big screen. So, is a capacitive touch worth not having a disk-drive?
Or are there other brands which are better, easier to use, or better for integration in a 100?

Might go a bit further and change the amps and speakers as well, but right now, the main thing is to get a new HU in place, asap.

Old thread, sorry if youve already solved this. I have had excellent luck with Pioneer double DIN Navigation units. I have had tons of the AVIC units and never had an issue with cold in Alaska, dust in california, humidity, etc.... All have simple installation and the aftermarket support is pretty darn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom