1uz needed parts 90 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sounds like I may be getting a cheap 1uz from a SC400.

besides the harness ECU and engine will there be anything else Ill need from the donor?

what bellhousing can I use to bolt to a stock 90 V6 tranny?

thanks!

It's better to get the under hood body harness too. It attaches to the engine harness in 3 places. 1 is the alternator and there are 2 plugs that go to the main relay box under the hood. Also, the SC400 uses a 160 amp alternator and the relay box contains the 150 amp relay you need. It can be bought at an auto parts store but if you can get it, do it.

Get the fuel pump ECU if you can too. It's located behind the drivers side rear kick panel.

Finally, get the plugs for the ecu to go to the interior body harness. Try to get as much wire with them as possible.

I was hoping you were going to reply. yours is an auto right?

is there a combination of parts I can source for using my stock tranny up to a 4.0 or will I need adapters.

the deal is a kid has a 92 sc400 and wants one of my rwd corolla shells. so once hes done taking random crap off the SC (none engine related) I get the sc400 with motor and everything for my corolla shell....which I was asking $400 for soooo this should be a pretty cheap swap with basically a $0.00 start cost

I love your truck btw

I used an auto on my pickup but I'm getting ready to start a 5spd swap.

I am using this bellhousing. 1uz 1uzfe toyota Bellhousing R150 R151 gearbox | eBay

I am having a 3vz flywheel modified to fit the 1uz engine but the same company sells a flywheel and clutch if you want to get theirs. You can also have LC Engineering make a custom flywheel too.

There are plans out there that you can download and have an adapter plate made to use the 3vz bellhousing but you would have to search for them.

Last edited:
It's better to get the under hood body harness too. It attaches to the engine harness in 3 places. 1 is the alternator and there are 2 plugs that go to the main relay box under the hood. Also, the SC400 uses a 160 amp alternator and the relay box contains the 150 amp relay you need. It can be bought at an auto parts store but if you can get it, do it.

Get the fuel pump ECU if you can too. It's located behind the drivers side rear kick panel.

Finally, get the plugs for the ecu to go to the interior body harness. Try to get as much wire with them as possible.

that would be a 150 amp fuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom