1KZTE Oil Level Sensor Necessity? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The local shop was replacing my oil pan gasket and when they pulled the pan they noticed that the engine oil level sensor was disintegrated inside. The part (8491) is around $300 and I am wondering if it is really needed. Should I get them to weld a patch in the sensor hole and not have the sensor will it affect anything else in the system?
oil level sensor.PNG

Are you sure they didnt break it?. They have to come out a certain way or they break easy. In any case I drove around for few years with a broken one in a 1HZ , I just made sure there were no loose pieces that could fall off and used it to plug the hole.

1636149722249.jpeg

Should be only the low oil indicator light. If it stays on all the time you might have to pull out the globe
I never had to do that.

Are you sure they didnt break it?. They have to come out a certain way or they break easy. In any case I drove around for few years with a broken one in a 1HZ , I just made sure there were no loose pieces that could fall off and used it to plug the hole.

View attachment 2830849
Thanks for the reply.

I trust this mechanic, he said they didn't notice it was broken until they pulled the entire pan with the sensor still attached to the pan. Perhaps when they dropped the pan they could have damaged it?

It sounds like the worst case of having a broken one is the low oil level light could come on?

Mine never came on.
Maybe I disconnected it at the sump. I forget now, but the light was not on. I worked perfectly when I found a good used unit among my parts stash
Perhaps when they dropped the pan they could have damaged it?
I doubt it. It sits away from everything. Mine got broken after a mechanic removed it without twisting as it came out, The Dyna 100 with the 2L engine uses the same unit as yours.
Amayama have it for $226 USD

89491-25020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom