1kz-te Cold Start tapping + black/grey smoke on acceleration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there.

Getting a bit of tapping for a couple minutes on cold starts until the engine warms up and then it smooths out. I'm also getting some grey/black smoke on acceleration. Sometimes more than other times, but never a TON of black smoke. Don't appear to smoke at all when starting the vehicle and the Prado is idling normal. (I have a video but I guess I can't upload it here. May put it on youtube and attach it to this.) I did just put a 3" turbo back exhaust on as well so not sure if this could have any effect on black smoke.

The Prado has 215,xxx KM's. I'm thinking I need injectors as I've only owned the vehicle for about 5,000 km's and don't think they've ever been gone over. I ran diesel injector cleaner through the fuel but doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

With that being said.. I can't really find any genuine Toyota injectors for the 1kz-te online. Any suggestions would be great. It seems a good number of diesel performance shops in Australia/New Zealand are selling refurbished ones. Thinking about going that direction if I can't find new genuine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom