1hdt not starting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas having a few problems with my 1hdt after replacing the timing belt and water pump I can not get her to start. All timing Marks line up and I can freely crank over the engine by hand but can’t get her to turn over. Intitally when trying to start it would barley turn over the tiniest bit but not enough to start . I thought was a bad battery so charged it up over night and also tried jump starting it but still nothing. After taking the battery out to charge and put it back in when trying to start it now it has a super fast click noise as if the battery is flat or ****edbut have tried several good battery’s and still nothing.
Hoping its an electrical But any help would be appreciated cheers

trying to start it now it has a super fast click noise as if the battery is flat or f***edbut have tried several good battery’s and still nothing.

The fast clicking is a give away. The starter motor solenoid is not staying engaged.

Couple of possible causes

Bad battery. Test to see if battery shows 12 volts while cranking.
Bad ground/earth wire connection.
Bad 12volt cable connection

Bad copper contacts in the starter solenoid. They erode overtime. If there's not a good contact, there won't be enough current to fully engage the solenoid on the starter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom