1HDT BEB Photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sonofaskipper

SILVER Star
Threads
Replaced the BEB in my truck awhile ago. The FIPG material lead me to believe they’d been untouched since new. Roughly 170,000 miles on the truck. What do you guys think?
A0918D6B-52CB-4E27-A85A-5438EE1C6D6E.jpeg
A0918D6B-52CB-4E27-A85A-5438EE1C6D6E.jpeg

I’ll try to post some additional photos of #2 and 6. There’s some scoring and one spot of de lamination on those, but otherwise I think they look pretty good for the mileage.

I have been digging through photos trying to find pics of mine that I pulled 300,000kms.
Mine had less wear and no scoring from memory. More importantly, how does the crank feel?
The 1hdt bearings are famous for deteriorating and the crank being fine.
with the shape of those bearings, I would plasti gauge just to be safe.

Yeah, those aren't great, it was definitely time to get in there and change them. I'd also plastigauge every single one as you reassemble

They seem to be just showing wear rather than serious delamination. Is there a brand stamped somewhere on the bearings?

good time to replace them before they really wear out. mine at 400k didn’t have that much scoring but i feel better knowing i have new ones.

Thanks for posting the info and photos. As you mentioned, looks like one is starting to delam and perhaps the beginning signs on one other. Having them done means you know what you have now.

What year 1HD-T? I've added a link to this thread on the BEB data thread. And to confirm: 170K miles or 273500kms?

gb

Last edited:
They seem to be just showing wear rather than serious delamination. Is there a brand stamped somewhere on the bearings?
I’m back on the boat for a month, so I won’t be able to look for a stamp anytime soon. Assuming OEM because of the FIPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom