1HD-T power steering pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

.I've found an OEM pump online partsdeal for about $270...might just get that and rebuild mine eventually as a spare...

Thats what I would be doing.

Has anyone run third-party pumps like these? I'm assuming made in China...

Amazon product ASIN B074FTDNLY

Junk. Don’t do it.

OEM PS pump for 1HD interations can be had from your local Toyota dealership.

I thought the PSP for the 1HDT was NLA from Toyota. Am I to infer that pumps from the 24 valve variants will work for the 12 valve?

It is quite readily available.

Regarding whether it fits your specific application, you’d need to discuss that with your parts professional.

I’m just stating that the pump is available new OEM.

It is quite readily available.

Regarding whether it fits your specific application, you’d need to discuss that with your parts professional.

I’m just stating that the pump is available new OEM.
I must’ve misread the parts catalog from Partsouq.
You’re the man, Onur.

If yours just leaking then the seal job might do the trick. If it is not working like it should, like stiff steering, groaning etc, then it may be caused by worn vane blades and cam. In my case, I've swapped only the internals of the pump from a different model toyota /3Y engine/ with low mileage and known good working pump. The 3Y pump housing was different but the internals were same so I just swapped the vane blades, cam ring and rear plate. In the process I also changed the o-rings and seals. The 1hd-t pump new was like 400$ but the 3Y pump was 25$. In the end I had a leak free pump working perfectly.

Just rebuilt the pump, hooked up all the hoses, started the engine:

Wheels do not turn, I did not to force it, shut off engine.

I started at the FSM step for Bleeding of the Power Steering System (pg. SR-34 in my manual). It says to start the engine with the wheels on the ground and move wheels side to side.

Should I do the procedure for Replacement of Power Steering Fluid? This says to support the front end with jackstands. This honestly may be an issue because I had to driveway pirate this project as opposed to the shop I usually can work in...

Is there another step to give the pump a first prime before starting the bleed? I didn't see anything in the FSM...Thanks!

Should I do the procedure for Replacement of Power Steering Fluid? This says to support the front end with jackstands

Thats how Ive always done it, nothing else. Except get out and check the reservoir level.

No no
Thats how Ive always done it, nothing else. Except get out and check the reservoir level.

Thanks mate. Got it done this morning. Engine on, front wheels raised, went back and forth a few times. Held it at the stops until the fluid level almost over flowed, then cycled back to the other side, held at the stop... Did that about 10 times and it's nice and crisp now! No leaks from the pump....yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom