1HD-FT Turbo Intake Differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scheme

SILVER Star
Threads
Referencing the Engine Family Comparison Thread (here on ih8mud) it shows the 1HD-FT engine having the following turbo intake (pictured):

delete.jpg

However, looking up pictures elsewhere I see engines listed as 1HD-FT with the following turbo intake pipe:
delete.jpg

What is the cause for this and what are the differences between these two 1HD-FT engines and their respective turbos?

The upper one ist from an 1hd-t (12 valve), the lower one belongs to the 1hd-ft (24 valve).

The upper one ist from an 1hd-t (12 valve), the lower one belongs to the 1hd-ft (24 valve).
My apologies, this is the turbo intake I am referring to on the 1HD-FT

Second pic in post #1 is an FT with EGR etc. Pic in post #4 is a non-emissions FT

Second pic in post #1 is an FT with EGR etc. Pic in post #4 is a non-emissions FT
Thanks for the info! Was this an option available at retail purchase, was it based on emission law for JDM vs Euro/AUS markets, or something else? Is there a method to tell if a vehicle has the emissions vs non-emissions turbodiesel based off of year / model (gx, vx, etc)? Thanks again and really appreciate the help!

Thanks for the info! Was this an option available at retail purchase, was it based on emission law for JDM vs Euro/AUS markets, or something else? Is there a method to tell if a vehicle has the emissions vs non-emissions turbodiesel based off of year / model (gx, vx, etc)? Thanks again and really appreciate the help!
I believe that JDM and Euro trucks had it, but not 100% certain. We certainly didn't get it here.

I have an HDJ81 (Japanese import obvi) with the 1HD-FT. Before installing my FMIC, my turbo intake looked like the first picture in the first post.

That would lead me to believe that Japanese imports didn't include the EGR systems.

That AND the smell that my truck makes now that I have PPD's 3" exhaust! :cool:

Just a quick update to this thread. I recently imported an HDJ81 JDM and it had the EGR turbo intake. After some research, there are different emissions and regulations throughout different provinces/prefects in Japan. Some of these have more stringent emissions requirements and as expected some vehicles from Japan will have the EGR while some will come without; all based on the prefecture emissions requirements of where the vehicle was originally sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom