1FZ-Carb bogging off idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Below is a link to the Toyota factory manual for your vehicle. Everything. (492 pages).
I did not see a vacuum hose routing diagram in it but I only quickly skimmed it. Unfortunately this file doesn’t contain the table of contents so finding stuff is more tedious.

I extracted out the Fuel System section and attached it here. Basically everything to do with the carburetor.

Attachments

• 1FZ-F 1992 Engine- Fuel System .pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Thank you OSS, I had downloaded the fSM from this forum. As you rightly said, there is no vacuum line diagram in the FSM, hence the confusion.

Thank you.

corrected the vacuum lines. Still the hesitation is there. Tried to find new accelerator pump. Guess I will order rebuild kit.

corrected the vacuum lines. Still the hesitation is there. Tried to find new accelerator pump. Guess I will order rebuild kit.

does this help ?

1643437662672.png

Thank you toyotamatt,

It seems that my auxiliary accelerator pump diaphragm was leaking. So I blocked the vacuum pipe going into it. It ran a little better. Today I found AAP in one of the wreckers which was exact fit. After replacing the AAP, the hesitation is gone. The car idles much better and is more responsive to throttle response.

Could the leaking AAP be the culprit here. Was there more fuel when accelerator was pushed, hence the bog/hesitation.

Thank you toyotamatt,

It seems that my auxiliary accelerator pump diaphragm was leaking. So I blocked the vacuum pipe going into it. It ran a little better. Today I found AAP in one of the wreckers which was exact fit. After replacing the AAP, the hesitation is gone. The car idles much better and is more responsive to throttle response.

Could the leaking AAP be the culprit here. Was there more fuel when accelerator was pushed, hence the bog/hesitation.

well ...................

hummmmmmmmmmm 🤔

you just told me your hesitation and bogging down issues are now no longer a issue right ?

so , i will agree with you and say you did a FINE Teq Job repairing that NON-USA Saudi Spec. Diaphragm on your very SWEET 1FZ

- if i were you i would indeed feel like a KING for a day ! 🍻 👑

you earned that right , know that fact ..............:D

again GOOD SOLID JOB

many Blessings today to you and your TOYOTA friends over in the SAUDI. Spec. region destination market ! :)

logo - Copy.png

1611297801791.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom