1997 Land Cruiser?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.. so we're currently having some issue with our 92 Land cruiser 239K miles.. my wife and I talked about just trading it for something newer. I saw a 97 FZJ80 on of the car lot around my area. it's got 160K miles on it. I am not sure what the price is yet (we're going to check it out tomorrow after work).. would this be a good replacement for my current 92 with 3FE? is there any major issue with FZJ80? headgasket???

I've had my '97 now for almost two years (bought with 150k) and aside for some PM and a radiator replacement she's been good to me. It gets wheeled on area beaches nearly every day from March to December and never let me down.
As for the HG most say it's a non issue 99% of the time, unless the truck was badly overheated at one time, warped the head, and was not repaired correctly.

I absolutely love my '97 40th and do not regret buying it.

Have had a 94 and a 96 and currently my 97 for 2+ years. Love the 97 much more even compared to the 94. If it checks out do it!

I have owned a 97 for 11 years. Never had any problem except for low oil pressure witch seems to be very common in this model. It has never needed to go to the shop, except for oil change, plugs, etc. Has 200,000.mi.

I own a 97. 152K miles as of now. Never had an issue-albeit I've been always rather meticulous with PM. Being 1997 the last year the 80 series was manufactured in Japan, it accumulated all improvements/gains of the 80 series: it's a good year for sure.
If the 97 you are seeking have been properly maintained (and you can get evidence of it) should be a safe bet.
Good luck!
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom