1996 Radiator Replacement Tips- Comments (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used the SUMOTOY instructions for changing the radiator but would add a couple of comments, one specific to swapping the earlier radiator into the 1995-97 trucks.

OK, I give up. Searched for 30 minutes last night and another hour today...can't find this famous SUMOTOY tutorial on radiator replacement. Although I don't expect it to be too complicated, I don't want to miss any hints that might save time/aggravation before I get started...Can someone direct me to the thread or better search terms?

Cheers

Not sure if this is still active but I am in need of some advice. I have a 94 LC (I think) it has a manufacture date of September 1994 so I am unsure if I need a radiator for 1994 or 1995 LC. I would like to use the Koyo for a 95 since it is half the price as the one for a 94 and there does not seem to be any significant difference between the two. Can anyone advise how I can confirm which one I need and/or if the 95 will work even if I have a 94?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is still active but I am in need of some advice. I have a 94 LC (I think) it has a manufacture date of September 1994 so I am unsure if I need a radiator for 1994 or 1995 LC. I would like to use the Koyo for a 95 since it is half the price as the one for a 94 and there does not seem to be any significant difference between the two. Can anyone advise how I can confirm which one I need and/or if the 95 will work even if I have a 94?

Thanks!

Check rockauto.com, a few weeks ago my RSS clearance thread popped up one for $99, I'll see if I can find it.

VISTA-PRO 431441
W/AC; W/H.D. COOLING; W/MAX COOLING; W/O AC
Closeout Price:
$89.79

For a 96, not sure about fitment on a 94 though.

Update, just checked and same PN is listed for a 94

VISTA-PRO 431441
W/AC; W/H.D. COOLING; W/MAX COOLING; W/O AC
Closeout Price:
$89.79

For a 96, not sure about fitment on a 94 though.

Update, just checked and same PN is listed for a 94
Any experience with this radiator? The Koyo seems to be the favorite non OEM from what I've read.

Contact Onur aka @beno at 505-944-5081 or <parts@landcruiserpartsandconsulting.com> he will be able to answer your questions.

I used the all aluminum from Sheppard auto for $99 but they're not longer available, had that not been a choice I would have definitely bought the rockauto one for $89, I have a hard time justifying paying north of $250 for a radiator myself unless it's the only option and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I went with the Koyo Radiator for a 95-97 model. Installed fine, the upper brackets had a slight bend to them so it didn't fit exactly like OEM but I was able to make it fit without to much work. Had to replace my battery too, not sure if it was dyeing or what but after being out of the truck for 24 hours it drained and even after a jump start and running for a good 30 minutes was completely dead so I put a new Interstate from Costco in it and she's running like a champ.

IMG_1496.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom