SOLD 1996 KZJ78 Prado - Low Kms - Selling as a complete totalled rig. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling Complete 1996 KZJ78 - Please read entire ad. Car is located in Portland, OR.

I'm not parting it out individually - but selling the entire car whole as a Parts Car. Please respect this.

I'm trying to do the community a favor here. We have the opportunity to buy back the Prado from insurance. Seeing as these are so rare in the US and there's very few examples of super clean ones (which this one was) - I'd love to give somebody a project or a parts rig to give another 70 series some life.

Story time:
We hit some black ice on a ski trip and hit a snow embankment and Progressive is totalling our KZJ78. Imported last year. Bummer right?

I am willing to buy back the entire car from Progressive. They are asking $12k USD. In order for me to do this - you need to get me $12k before I buy it back and I will hold the car for you for a reasonable amount of time. I'm happy to provide pictures and other information. You'll need to come tow the car away. It does drive but the upper radiator support is bent back a little and kinking the upper radiator hose. I probably wouldn't try to drive it cross country damaged like that.

I'm not buying it back and then hoping that you come through on your end. I need the money up front - that way I'm not left hanging onto a wrecked KZJ78 and out $12k.

Frame appears to be straight based on measurements. No kinks or bends from what I can tell. KNOWN parts quote with shipping are in the photo below.

This car might be a great candidate for a 2000+ Facelift as it may be easier to source parts.

Plenty of happy time pictures are located here: https://www.instagram.com/prado.in.the.wild/

This would need to be done by roughly 3/31/23. They're looking to haul it away here soon. We'd draw up a bill of sale, make it super official with paperwork.

If nobody wants it we'll let Progressive haul it away.

Details
  • About 170k km on it - Need to go out and double check.
  • 1KZ-TE. Never had issues with EGTs/overheating. Runs like a top and drove us home after the accident
  • Kaipower NZ 3" downpipe and a custom 3" exhaust.
  • Authentic 4x4 Engineering Bradley V wheels.
  • 2" lift (need to double check the brand).
  • Non-smoker vehicle.
  • Exceptionally clean interior - like 9.5/10.
  • Before the accident the exterior was 9.5/10 - was fully polished and ceramic coated with new paint.
  • Window tint all around.
  • Custom Water To Air Intercooler (not yet installed) from Frozen Boost

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

Insurance says the salvage value is $12,000? Wow...
What did they pay out on it?
Insurance must do things a lot different in the USA...

It sure looks super clean! I agree would be a great project with the newer front clip which could be sourced as a half cut from various importers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom