1994 Surf 1kz-te kzn130 air temp sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, long time listener first time caller.

So I have a 1994 Surf with the 1kz. Tired old motor but I'm doing what I can to give it the best chance at a long and prosperous life. It's a Japanese import into Australia if that helps.

Currently sorting through trouble codes - one being 24 I think? for the air temp sensor. Which was to be expected - there is none that I can see, the hose after the air filter housing has been bunged up. So first silly question - does the kzn130 1kz run an air temp sensor? I presume so, since the ecu is upset about not seeing one. But the reasons I ask are I can't see any plugs floating around the engine to suit the air temp sensor, and the only repair manuals I've found are to suit the kzn165 and wasn't sure if there were any significant differences between the kzn130 and 165.

Tl;dr - does anyone possibly have any pics of where the plug for the air temp sensor comes out of the loom for a kzn130 1kz-te?

Many thanks, kind regards.

Denski

OK - for those of you playing at home, problem solvered. I think.

Someone was able to supply me with a photo and I found the plug in question connected to a VSV for some reason. Just gotta source a new air temp sensor and see if that makes ecu happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom