1994 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent info and feedback-this place is cool.

It is rare to find a one owner 80 with under 100K miles. I don't think the price is far off it checks out mechanically. If you really like it, offer $7500 like someone else said.

The value of an 80 can vary greatly depending on condition, mods and your geographic location.

Why not expand the search? For the price difference, you could easily fly to a location, drive back, see the country, and still end up saving some funds. For reference, a fried bought a locked '97 with close to 200K for $4250. Sure, there's quite a few more miles but with proper maintenance, it'll last. He's put 75K more on it with no engine/tranny issues whatsoever. Unlocked, he might've picked it up for much cheaper.

I still say too rich for my blood but then again, I'm a cheap SOB and can't justify paying $3000 more for a truck based mainly on location, especially in our wonderful country which has so much to see. Too each his own though, I'm not knocking anyone who does.

Check this one out. Odo says 79k miles. Only $6k asking price.

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER $5,980-LOW MILES- WOW FULLY LOADED!!!

No affiliation.

Be prepared to buy sight unseen, otherwise it'll be sold... I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a decent 80 in California (and else where). I had a few misses where I was the second person in line, ready to fly to where ever and pay cash...but someone always got there first.

My 80 buying story went like this:

-Thursday night noticed new add on autotrader.com of LC at Oakland VW.
-Friday morning, road motorcycle to dealer to look at vehicle, on my way to work. Was told some lady from Santa Cruz was driving up to look at it, and they received a lot of phone calls. Could be dealer BS, but they asked me what 'lockers' meant because most people on phone were asking about them.
-Vehicle was as nice as I was going to get, w/ 109k miles. They wanted $11 something, I offered $10k cash. They said they make money from giving out loans... They relented and said they didn't want to deal with phone calls & trying to meet with people.
-Got to work late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom