1991 Suburban 2500 for towing???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Threads
29
Messages
436
Location
Olathe, Kansas
looking for a truck to use for towing the 40 and ran across a clean 4x4 1991 Suburban with a 350 in it. any opinions on this truck for towing? or issues i should be aware of?
 
Should be fine so long as it was taken care of. I have a 90 with a 454 and have pulled things much heavier then a 40. Does it have a factory hitch? Did the PO use it for towing much? I put some add a leafs on mine because it was a little saggy in the rear. Works like a charm. Great tow vehicle. Just don't be concerned about gas millage. :eek: :D
 
I have a '98 6.5T that pulls my 45 around just great. I just can't seem to keep my rotors from warping though. It almost aways has a shudder when braking.

I am constantly replacing steering components as well. It's not costly, just a PIA.
 
I have an 89 2500 that I have used to tow an FJ40. I agree with the fuel mileage. I can get about 10 mpg at 60 cruising and towing thru flat land, in the rockies or throw in some head wind and I get 6 maybe 7 mpg. The 91 has an overdrive tranny, dont tow in overdrive it will burn up the tranny.
 
Back
Top Bottom