1991 FJ80 Stock Shock Option: With vs. W/O Alloy Wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
Did some looking and learned that all US model 91-92 FJ80's came with only the Alloy option. I am in need of new stock shocks and went to Toyota Online and there is an option for W/O Alloy wheels (PN below). These shocks come out to a crazy price of $23 each for front and $20 each for the rear. Now THAT is a GREAT deal! Thing is, I have the Alloy wheels. Question is, has anyone ever ran these shocks for USA Alloy wheel JF's? is there a material difference such as compression/rebound/length etc? Thanks for any help!

48511-69186 Shock Absorber, Front Exc. Alloy Wheels. From 01/90- $23.11
48531-69235 Shock Absorber, Rear Exc. Alloy Wheels. From 01/90- $19.91

Hello All,
Did some looking and learned that all US model 91-92 FJ80's came with only the Alloy option. I am in need of new stock shocks and went to Toyota Online and there is an option for W/O Alloy wheels (PN below). These shocks come out to a crazy price of $23 each for front and $20 each for the rear. Now THAT is a GREAT deal! Thing is, I have the Alloy wheels. Question is, has anyone ever ran these shocks for USA Alloy wheel JF's? is there a material difference such as compression/rebound/length etc? Thanks for any help!

48511-69186 Shock Absorber, Front Exc. Alloy Wheels. From 01/90- $23.11
48531-69235 Shock Absorber, Rear Exc. Alloy Wheels. From 01/90- $19.91
Wrong forum. Try posting in 80 series forum. That's a great price alright. I don't see why those shocks wouldn't work just fine with any wheels.
Also, I don't understand your distinction. You have alloy wheels, and US spec 80 in those years also has alloy wheels. So what's the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom