1990 RJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy lads
happy to be here and new to the forums
here is a picture of my rj77 that i recently got
poor thing is anything but stock as it went through owners during its life
originally with the 22R previous owners have replaced it with a 3RZ
while the car needs a lot of work i look forward to the day its somewhat complete

20230313_222251_result.jpg

howdy lads
happy to be here and new to the forums
here is a picture of my rj77 that i recently got
poor thing is anything but stock as it went through owners during its life
originally with the 22R previous owners have replaced it with a 3RZ
while the car needs a lot of work i look forward to the day its somewhat complete

View attachment 3345480

Cool! I always thought a 3RZ would not be too bad in one of these. Would enjoy seeing some engine bay pictures of that motor in there!

Have fun with it. Body looks solid.

Cool! I always thought a 3RZ would not be too bad in one of these. Would enjoy seeing some engine bay pictures of that motor in there!

that's what I was thinking. a popular swap here for the pre tacoma Toyota trucks/4Runners

haha thanks lad:)
the solid body was my main motivation for buying the old girl and engine left good impression on me even if it was a 4cyl (sorry for lack of pictures i will add some later)
i have seen other rj77 owners here turbo charge their 3RZ around here so there is that option if lack of power is felt
btw yours also looks very good, the red is very pretty

haha thanks lad:)
the solid body was my main motivation for buying the old girl and engine left good impression on me even if it was a 4cyl (sorry for lack of pictures i will add some later)
i have seen other rj77 owners here turbo charge their 3RZ around here so there is that option if lack of power is felt
btw yours also looks very good, the red is very pretty

Thank-you very much for the compliment on mine.

Well, I look forward very much to seeing how this project goes for you!

well lads after doing some research it seems this old gal has a G series transmission behind it which originally being mated to a carbed 22R would be fine but behind the 3RZ you have to be more gentle
rn the car is in a body workshop , getting the paint and rust repairs and managed to find nicer dash pieces as well and its on their way to them
im afraid it might end up too nice to get her in the mud 🥹 jk she will be drowing in mud and sand

now the question is what or how i should plan for the rest of the car
i have my eyes on the H152F for that higher 5th gear so its quieter on the highways and a beefier transmission and transfer case with new axles in general(the diffs were screaming for release) , probably will keep the engine stock until rest of the car gets sorted
getting a modest bullbar with a winch, a center console cooler maybe etc
i am undecided and open to any advise from you lads
:cheers:

Good evening lads
She has been fixed and running, has been adding some miles, thought I would share photos and my thoughts.
I had never owned a 4x4 vehicle before so I was browsing forums saving tabs thinking "oh man I need to buy shiny new parts, I need to do this and that, its too weak!!" with no experience so my apologies if my previous posts made annoyed any Veterans .
I doubt I'll update anything since I'm not capable of pushing the car nor do I have enough experience to decide.
thank you for your patience

ae63d510-4940-4146-a731-fbcafa9ed26b.jpg

7c3dbefa-4ea7-49d6-a8ec-b753cea728f7.jpg

8afe5259-6916-4172-b1ea-0d1a299e851e.jpg

95b5d547-43d3-49d6-a8e4-9891a7ff7093.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom