1989 FJ62 window regulator replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon Gent’s!
Was about to rant on a crap job local mechanic did on my job but will restrain myself and get to my issue.

I’m in need of electric window regulator for my 89 FJ62. I understand toyota doesn’t support any many over the counter auto parts stores don’t have anything either.

Was wondering if eBay / used was the only way to go?
Or
Does Antony know if that year 4Runner window regulator might fit? If not that, do you think it would be possible to convert a Manuel regulator to and electric?

I can’t help you find an electric regulator for your 62 but I know some people on this forum have converted their 62 to manual crank windows that the FJ60 used- for this very reason.
In many ways, manual crank windows are better - especially when camping. Also repairs are easy and parts available.

Hi, Toyota used the same motors in several cars. Try Camry and cressenda motors. Dorman makes some aftermarket ones. Make sure it’s not your switches that are the problem.

Which window is having the problem?

If it’s driver’s door, another common culprit is the green auto down relay box - the relays crap out. There is a comprehensive thread on replacing them. Takes a soldering station, two $5 relays, and 30 minutes of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom