STOLEN 1987 FJ60 Stolen in NE PDX - FOUND!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paco

SILVER Star
Threads
I know - another one!! This is getting out of hand!!

Not mine! Copying a Posting from ND in my hood..

Stolen 1987 Toyota Landcruiser blue
License #184FBU Text 503-320-6691 if spotted…please!!! 🙏🏼
Have reported it to police - case #21299335
Identifying college stickers on back window.
This is an old beloved vehicle that we brought up just Sunday night. Was stolen near NE 33rd and Bryce this morning (around 5am).

Stolen.JPG

Picture does not show but it now has a roof rack

Found today at SE 19th and Tibbets with minimal damage!

@Paul DiNapoli I believe yours was found only a few blocks from here? Seems like another spot to add to the search list for the next one.

Last edited:
I know - another one!! This is getting out of hand!!

Not mine! Copying a Posting from ND in my hood..

Stolen 1987 Toyota Landcruiser blue
License #184FBU Text 503-320-6691 if spotted…please!!! 🙏🏼
Have reported it to police - case #21299335
Identifying college stickers on back window.
This is an old beloved vehicle that we brought up just Sunday night. Was stolen near NE 33rd and Bryce this morning (around 5am).

View attachment 2822413
Picture does not show but it now has a roof rack

Found today at SE 19th and Tibbets with minimal damage!

@Paul DiNapoli I believe yours was found only a few blocks from here? Seems like another spot to add to the search list for the next one.

yeah - good call. check it out
homeless camp.jpg

the address of that homeless camp:

those dudes living at that camp had to be involved in the theft of our truck - cuz the police officer found my license plates laying the back seat of one of their cars in their camp.

the fact that the blue 87 was only a few blocks away - is similar to our story. i think they stash the cars nearby so that can continue to use them until they're done.

this camp "caught fire" a week later and the city cleared it...but they have all moved back in. same black SUV is there now - so it's the same thieving a-holes. they need to go.

Yes they do!!

The stat I saw was 30 vehicles a day getting stolen in PDX - WTF?

Hey folks - new user here, thanks to @Paco and @Paul DiNapoli. It was our blue '87 that was stolen this past Tuesday, and recovered 36 hours later. We are so relieved! A few thoughts:

• My wife and son blanketed social media with this, and a Reddit user called my son when she realized our Land Cruiser was parked in front of her apartment.
  • Another FJ was found about 10 blocks east of where ours and @Paul DiNapoli's were.
  • Truck drives super rough, but I drove it home. Feeling lucky that it's in pretty good shape. Idle is all messed up. I don't know enough to fix it...have had good luck with the guys at Landcruiser NW in the past and will take it there soon. They say I'm around the 30th "post theft inspection" they've done this year.
  • Ignition was fine (someone down in that area, probably the guys in the black SUV, has a ghost key or giggle key...didn't know what that was before this week).
  • A little body damage, and the tool kit and glove box contents were strewn about, so it just needs a thorough detail inside. Phew.
  • They put the ball hitch into the receiver. They are stealing these rigs to go steal trailers (despite these being terrible tow rigs!).
  • We had our FJ in PDX for less than 48 hours (it usually lives in a garage in eastern OR) before it was stolen. I had a steering wheel lock in the mail and it happened to arrive on our doorstep as I arrived back home with the rig. Turns out I was too naive to think the wheel lock could wait a couple days. Kill switch will be installed soon!
Thanks again to Paco and Paul for the posts here. I'm glad to learn of this community. My dad bought this truck new and the whole family has grown up with it. The sentimental value is deep. I'm not (yet) a builder/restorer of trucks, but maybe someday? Sounds like you all will be a great resource!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom