1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 1979 FJ40 and I’m looking for advice. I bought a Weber 38/38 for it and a redline electric fuel pump. Has anyone put this set up on their rigs. And if so can I get some in site on where to mount my fuel pump? And a picture of their linkage set up on the Weber.
Thanks

Electric fuel pumps should be mounted close to the gas tank, electric pumps are pushers, not suckers.

FWIW. I had a 79 several years ago. I put a trollhole carb on it. I don’t believe it required any changes to linkage. Etc. my 40 ran great after that.
I was told at the time that the carb on the 79 was absolutely the worst carb ever.

That's what I run, from a previous owner. Always told myself that I would go back original if I started having problems. 20 years later, still going strong. I did have to replace the fuel pump recently. On a hot day if the old pump got too warm, it would stop pumping. Fuel pump mounted on the inside frame rail of the passenger's side, about even with the back of the battery tray. Hope the pictures help. Be sure and put an inline fuel filter between the gas tank and the pump, also between the pump and carb.

fuelpump.jpg

weber38.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom