For Sale 1978 FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time to part with my FJ43 and move on to other fun.

1978 FJ43 hardtop

$20,000 obo

Original engine and running gear, disc brake swap using 60 knuckles, new radiator, steering box, carb. Few other mechanical odds and ends since taking ownership. Runs awesome, even drove it across the country from GA to Oregon once. I believe it was resprayed once with original color code before I got it. Lots of originality left in this South American 43.

Little to no rust, one of the rear ambulance doors is a little busted up and will need repair or replacement. No other damage.

IMG_20170917_134415.jpg

More pictures can be found here: pics.fernander.net

Located on the southern Oregon coast.

Hit me up with any questions via PM please, I don't check the boards everyday but will get notified when I get a PM.

Last edited:
Not to say anything negative about this truck as I have not personally seen the truck or spoken to the owner but a lot of exported SA trucks that were restored or partially prepared for export in SA usually are a mix of parts from more than one truck and year. It doesn't say that those parts are good or bad, it just means to verify the year and condition of the parts that matter to you before purchase.

Isn't that the wrong bezel for a '78?
Do the numbers match?

Yes all the numbers match, it's pretty common for South American 40's to have the square bezel. I guess it's trendy down there? The steering wheel is also 80+ but other than those two things it's original to a 78' SA 43. Other than the disc brake swap of course.

Not to say anything negative about this truck as I have not personally seen the truck or spoken to the owner but a lot of exported SA trucks that were restored or partially prepared for export in SA usually are a mix of parts from more than one truck and year. It doesn't say that those parts are good or bad, it just means to verify the year and condition of the parts that matter to you before purchase.

As far as my research when I first got it and from what I can tell all serialized parts are original to this truck. Other than that who knows.... with any 40....

The steering column (8/80 and newer) and front bib/bezel (79MY and newer) could be from the same rig, the tub is 78 and older by the doghouse.

Either way, I like the newer front end and steering wheel more anyway.

Good luck with sale!

TTT

Taking ALL offers. Just want her gone at this point. Shoot me a DM with an offer and let's see what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom