1978 FJ40 Wiring Harness, COMPLETE, not hacked, extras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
SOLD! 1978 FJ40 wiring harness, complete, extras.

**ITEM IS NOW SOLD, THANKS.***

FEATURES:
  • COMPLETE harness, not hacked.
  • Price also includes:
    o sub-harnesses including:
    + wiper harness
    + reverse switch harness
    + rear harness
    o many dash switches
    o OEM fuse block, excellent condition
    o emis control box
    o turn signal flasher
    o OEM 12V OEM inspection light (a neat extra, ~$35 value)
  • Carefully removed from a 45k mile vehicle.
  • Many connections are labeled.
Price: ALREADY SOLD @ $250 free shipping within the continental USA (only)..

• Item located in Pittsburgh, PA
  • shipping from 15235
  • Shipping box is 24"x15"x7"
  • shipping weight 15 lbs.

If staying true to OEM Toyota components is worth anything to you, this harness is a good value.
If your time is worth anything to you, this harness is a good value...

For those in need of a wiring harness who are considering the alternative (i.e., an aftermarket "custom" harness)...
  • I've personally installed one of these myself, and several weeks of work later, I can tell you it was *absolutely NOT* painless.
  • Lots of time spent reverse engineering the original system, then planning, routing, cutting, splicing, wrapping, testing, diagnosing...
  • It was tedious and sometimes confusing and a LOT of work (and I am an electrical engineer, lol!).
  • In the end, the only thing "custom" about that harness was the customizations I had to do to install it into a vehicle it wasn't really designed for.
  • The real kicker... I spent more than twice my asking price on it when all was said and done... and it's not as good or as valuable as an ORIGINAL TOYOTA in good condition!
Get this harness and you get all original Toyota connectors: high reliability, and no fuss... plug and play!

Ok, enough "advertising" on to the pix...

Main Harness...
DSCN2603.jpg

Main Harness, in box, ready to be shipped: <15 lbs. 24"x15"x7" ...
DSCN2619.jpg

Rear Heater Harness...
DSCN2594.jpg

Wiper Harness...
DSCN2601.jpg

Rear Harness...
DSCN2615.jpg

Fuse Block...
DSCN2611.jpg

Rear side view of Fuse Block...
DSCN2613.jpg

Detail of main harness...
DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

Included OEM +12V Inspection Light...
DSCN2600.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, I do need to make a couple of statements about the harness:
1) There is one switch w/ knob that IS included in the sale, but that is not in the pix (hazard switch). I'm not certain if every last dash switch is included; please see pictures (the knobs are not included).
2) One jumper wire was noted in the rear harness. I almost considered leaving it out of the sale based on this, but it can be left as is, or repaired easily (or I may do it for a small charge).
3) IIRC, I had to cut the wires to the recessed dash light (in the soft pad): I could not get the recessed light out. This should be an easy repair, and should not compromise the quality.
4) Please do not expect that the harness is new or perfect; just in very good, serviceable condition (unlike most harnesses out there at this point).

Other than those minimal excuses, the harness is in very good condition.

Finally, a couple of disclaimers:
1) Sold As-is. If the buyer finds an obviously pre-existing flaw in the harness that I was not aware of, I will do my best to work it out with them in a fair way.
2) I cannot warrant that the harness works perfectly, because I do not know that for certain. (Plus I can't control how it will have been handled and installed: whether it was ever improperly connected or connected to bad components.)
3) I will not be held responsible for any consequential damage for any reason.
4) I will however guarantee that the harness is as-described or I will refund the purchase price upon its return.

This harness is from an 11/77-built 1978 FJ40; I am not sure what other vehicles it will fit. It is the buyer's responsibility to determine whether the parts are adequate and appropriate for their application.

There are more pix available at this link. If you are interested and need additional details or pix, please email me at pghfj40@yahoo.com

Thank you for your interest & happy 'Cruisin! :steer: -Ed

Last edited:
Oh one more bit to say...

In past experience, many people say they are interested or want to buy a part, but then disappear... leaving you holding a part they don't really intend to buy, while you miss sales to other interested parties.

Therefore I am stating as a general rule, I WILL NOT HOLD PARTS.

The first person that gets the money to me gets the part. Paypal to pghfj40@yahoo.com

(If you PayPal funds and it turns out someone else beat you to the punch, I will refund you within 24 hours.)

I want to state this up front to be as fair as possible.

Thanks. -Ed

Other electrical components available:

'78 FJ40 alternator & Voltage Regulator, pic - $25
'78 FJ40 horns (2), pic1 pic2 - $10
'78 FJ40 Ventilation Blower, pic1 pic2 pic3 - $15 (one mounting ear is cracked, see pic2: repairable, or maybe you just want the motor/resistor?)

'70 FJ40 alternator, pic - $20

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom