1978 FJ-40 Rolling shell-perfect off-road buildup cruiser in WI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking for that start for a FJ-40 mud truck/off-roader or rockcrawler, I possibly have the canidate for you.

I bought this rig and stripped a bunch of parts off it. I ened up buying a complete 40, so now I am selling what I have acquired over the past 4 years since I don't need a whole load of parts.....

1978 FJ-40 Landcruiser. Basically in a nut shell the body and frame were rusty and the truck was parted. What is left is

Front and rear stock 78 axles with all of the stock leaf springs suspension. NO SOA or any mods done to the suspension or frame. The Frame has rust holes around the rear hangers and will need to be reworked or reinforced.

Tub is still intact and could be fixed up well enough for a mud truck or off-road vehicle. There is RUST all over the tub, but a little time and effort with the welder and some metal and you could have a tub again. I have the matching vins for the tub and the frame and a clean and clear title. There are NO fenders, front headlight assembly, hood. NO Doors, top. Interior is pretty much stipped. About all that is left are some switches and the stock wiring harness. NO Steering colum.

NO engine, tranny, tcase, or drive shafts.

Axles have tires that will get it onto a dolly or trailer for the trip home.

I have most of the interior parts available that I would sell to the new owner, but I am figuring anyone who buys it is going to make it a trail rig, not a daily driver and probably will have no need for the stock parts I removed. I parted it with the intensions of building a 40. I ended up buying a complete rig already so I am getting rid of my collection of parts.

The rig was a WI rig all its life so don't expect a show winner or something you are easily going to put back on the road. Its a project and the price reflects it.

$300 OBO

Located in Central WI and will have too be picked up there. Please PM me with any quesitons. I don't have any pics, but I encourage anyone interested to come and look at it. Again, this would make a good rockcrawler, off-roader, Project vehicle. NOT something you are going to put on the road and drive or restore without alot of effort.

PM me with quesitons. If someone wanted a package deal on all the stuff I have since I no longer have a need for it, I invite them to come out and check things out. Some of the items I am going to be selling (RUST FREE BEZZEL, REAR AMB DOORS, SIDE DOORS, BINS AND BINS FULL OF PARTS. 2nd Rust free frame with scout II steering setup, Steering colums, top parts, tranny's, tcases, Honestly enough nice rust free parts too put a complete 40 and then some) .

Last edited:
BTT

I would rather see this go to a cruiser head, than to the crusher and wife says it has to go.

$250 obo

Hey I am intreseted in the tubs do you have pictures of both (rust and the no rust)? What year is the no rust tub? What about any hard tops? And where are you compared to Minneapolis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom