1978 BJ40 for sale - $13,500 Okanagan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned this cruiser for over 20 years now but it's officially time for it to go. It is in good condition for it's age but needs a a bit of work and should have a mechanic take a look at it before it heads out on the road for any considerable distance.

Engine
Original B motor. Runs fine but could use a rebuild, or replacement with a 3B or 13BT. Smokes a fair amount at startup. In colder weather requires the use of glow plugs for first two minutes or so to keep the smoke down. The oil pump also sometimes has a tough time priming when the temperature is really hot

Interior
Front seats recovered in blue fabric with factory stitching pattern. Doors and top aren't original, they are beige but period-correct. Headliner is attached, but peeling off in spots.

Body
Tub was redone at some point with heavy gauge steel. This is probably the best part about this vehicle, the tub is solid (but does have some scratching/surface rust) From fenders replaced with new. Surface rust on running boards, outside of tub, front bezel. Rust perforation on hood and bottom of windshield from. Fibreglass roof in good condition but dirty.

Drivetrain
Typical cruiser drivetrain, works well, but can be a bit noisy. The 4spd transmission does leak a but of oil. The front axle could use a rebuild at some point, I don't think I've ever done it. Comes with warn hubs.
At least one rear brake cylinder failed last year, so that will need replacement. I also replaced the vacuum brake canister, but it still needs to be hooked up to provide power brakes.

Electrical
Everything in the 24V system works as far as I know. Both batteries were replaced a bout 7 years ago

Extras
Comes with a Warn 8274 winch + some Belton bushings and shackles.

Asking $13,5000
Located and registered in Vernon ,BC

Full set of 43 photos here:

51709287041_50473399cf_c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom