1968 M101A1 overlanding build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here is my 1968 M101A1 trailer overlanding trailer. Took about 3 months, still not done, I would like to swap the axle and tires but not a high priority at the moment.

First pic (IN THE LINK) is my 03LC, 3 in OME lift, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 275/70R/18, they run great, smooth and quiet. Rust free CA truck with 235,000 miles. That rig is now gone, totaled in wreck. New rig is 2004 LC with 3.5 in lift, Slee UCAs, OME torsion bars and springs, Icon stage 1 shocks. Has a touch of rust but only 180k miles and the tires are 35" Nitto TerraGrapplers.

Next pic is the M1101 that I thought I wanted and when I picked it up from the gov liquidation site knew it was a bad choice, way too wide.

Pics cover most aspects of the build, clean up, getting a handle on the rust, paint, all new wiring, pull out kitchen, sleeping platform, hi-lift jack mounted, front storage and other features. The tongue was extended, harbour freight tongue box with a 12 volt battery setup and 100 watt solar. Jerry can holders now have plenty of room. The set up allows for a standard ball or switch to an off road set up. New lighting includes interior with hi and low settings, marker lights and a 12v fan.

Still lots of bugs to work out and need to take it on the first trip with my sons but for the most part done.

Click on the link, will get you a 100+ pictures that may give some ideas that I had. Pic is the most current trip to the Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride for a week of off roading, use the slumberjack canopy, very easy set up and only $100. Fridge is a 12 v medical cooler that was bought thru Olde North State Cruisers (ONSC).

M101A1 Trailer build

UNNECESSARY GLAMOUR SHOT!!

IMG_1275.png

IMG_1135.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice setup. The envirocoolers are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom