17' Gx 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 2017 Gx 460 and cant wait to start upgrades.

I have a few questions regarding my first round of mods...

Use
I plan on using this as my daily driver but it probably wont see more than 3-4k miles around town and 3-4k of trips with mixed driving on trails and in snow annually.

Suspension

Lift
I am leaning towards the Dobinson MRR (MRA) lift to 3". I'd like to have a flat rake. However, the Dobinson site is a bit confusing to me as it does not list the 3" lift. But the Apache offroad does and does not differentiate a different rear spring height. Can someone help me understand my actual options and what the right part numbers are so I can order with a better understanding lol?

Apache vs Dobinson

Also are the springs easily swapped out in the future for heavier loads?
It looks like the height is adjustable too... is that the case?

UCA
I feel like sticking with Dobinson here unless there is a better option one can suggest.

Diff Drop
Is this needed?

Wheels and Tires
I am planning on going with a 17x8.5 with -10 offset (Volk TE37XT) on 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Other questions

• How much rubbing should I expect?
  • Will I need to do a BMC?
  • Are there any gotchas I am not thinking about?

Thanks in advance for your help. Hoping to do protection in a few months (skid plates, sliders...etc)

MRR's are a great choice. Lift's are rarely listed as 3" but you can adjust most of them easily with the preload collar. Keep in mind that the more preload you add the worse your ride will be. For instance, my Foam Cell Pro's are listed as a 2" lift but I've adjusted them to nearly 3", that said my ride quality isn't what it was when set to 2".

There are lots of good adjustable UCA's on the market, pick your favorite and move on. Springs can be swapped out later on, it's not exactly easy but it isn't the worst thing in the world either. I'd recommend installing the rate coils you'll need for the mods you intend to install unless of course you're talking about added weight years down the road.

Very few have used or needed a diff drop, most shops say it isn't necessary. Wheels and tires you've chosen should look great, I run a -10mm offset and I love it, not too aggressive but slightly beefier than the standard 0mm or positive offsets. Odds are you'll need a BMC with that setup, I know I did and you'll need to do a little trimming as well. Looking forward to seeing your build, those Volks are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom