16 OEM Chrome Wheels FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have the factory 15 inch chrome wheels on my 88 FJ62. I read about OEM 16 inch chrome wheels on a TLC restoration a while back but I can't find them anywhere....Any suggestions on where to buy or some quality aftermarkets that have the OEM look?

Matt

I currently have the factory 15 inch chrome wheels on my 88 FJ62. I read about OEM 16 inch chrome wheels on a TLC restoration a while back but I can't find them anywhere....Any suggestions on where to buy or some quality aftermarkets that have the OEM look?

Matt

Like these? OE Chrome 16"x6". I got these via a group-buy from AUS. Check some of the importers here on MUD.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition-builds/167721-project-overland-16.html#post4423419
P1010056.jpg

SOR has them on their website

I'm not seeing them there...Some FJ40 wheels and hubcaps but nothing for 60 series

It's funny, I had just been looking at these about a month ago and had found a pic as I had been coveting a set for my 60, but now I can just find what I think is the correct SKU and descriptions versus a pic:
Specter Off-Road Land Cruiser Parts - Search On 080-09

USED Heavy Duty Factory NON-
USA 16 inch Chrome rim -Split rim. 16 inches by 5.5 inches. Does not include tube or liner. Fits all 40,55,60 & 62 Series. Sold each -Special Promotion - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part. (An Additional Handling Charge of $10.00 is already included in price)

080-09A-16BU
$130
I'd be curious to know if a local dealer or Cruiser Dan might be able to rummage around in the parts catalog and let you source them through a dealer? Someone might be able to weigh in and confirm that is indeed the correct SKU (or call SOR) or whether you can get them via a dealer and not have to deal with SOR.

It's funny, I had just been looking at these about a month ago and had found a pic as I had been coveting a set for my 60, but now I can just find what I think is the correct SKU and descriptions versus a pic:
Specter Off-Road Land Cruiser Parts - Search On 080-09

USED Heavy Duty Factory NON-
USA 16 inch Chrome rim -Split rim. 16 inches by 5.5 inches. Does not include tube or liner. Fits all 40,55,60 & 62 Series. Sold each -Special Promotion - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part. (An Additional Handling Charge of $10.00 is already included in price)

080-09A-16BU
$130
I'd be curious to know if a local dealer or Cruiser Dan might be able to rummage around in the parts catalog and let you source them through a dealer? Someone might be able to weigh in and confirm that is indeed the correct SKU (or call SOR) or whether you can get them via a dealer and not have to deal with SOR.

Thanks for this...So I called SOR and they only have the 16x5 1/2, split wheels which are a total pain in the ### to get anyone to put tires on. Guy said they have no knowledge of the 16x6s. I know they were Non US and I think they only shipped on AU wagons as OE. So I will keep looking.

It's been a couple of years, but Cdan could provide new OEM 16" steelies.

It's been a couple of years, but Cdan could provide new OEM 16" steelies.

It's worth checking with Dan but he has posted that Toyota is getting funny about letting non-USA market parts into the US. At one time you had a part number and there was a good chance Dan could get you the part. He has posted some parts that were imported regularly are now in the system and still available. While not in the market for wheels right now if you check with Dan post back what you fine out.

It's worth checking with Dan but he has posted that Toyota is getting funny about letting non-USA market parts into the US. At one time you had a part number and there was a good chance Dan could get you the part. He has posted some parts that were imported regularly are now in the system and still available. While not in the market for wheels right now if you check with Dan post back what you fine out.

Thanks for the direction here. I spoke with Dan today and he said the 16s he can get would be the split wheel 16x5.5's. Not getting the warm and fuzzies oon this one...I have started looking at the the OE steelies with hubcaps, only problem is that they are only 15s too! I a really trying to get into the 16s for a bit better road handling.

I was sent a pic of these Chrome Daytona's (on the right) from Tim Lund at Wild West Offroad. I found him in the forums here. They are 16x8 with a 4 ' setback. He seems to think they could work and I think he can get them in 3.5' setback.

Any feedback on whether or not these could work???
Daytona rims.jpeg

Hi im new on here and this is my first post i have been lurking for a while as i was looking for a 60 and i just picked one up on sunday which is a FJ60 1984 with 184000 kms in tan , 1 owner but enough of this stuff the reason i am on this thread is that i have the chrome 16x6 rims on my 60 and was thinking of changing them . I dont know how much it would cost to ship to the states but they are in very good condition .

These are off a 70 series, I think 16x6, look like the chrome ones except painted.
IMG_6082.jpg

at one time I know they(16x6 non split) could be ordered from Toy USA, they were not cheap, but I had the part # and ran it and it came up as something they could get......this was a few years ago

Wish there was an OEM 16x8 option, that would be perfect with 255/85's.

Wish there was an OEM 16x8 option, that would be perfect with 255/85's.

There are 80 series steelies, in that size. Call CDan or Beno.

Do they fit without spacers?

Yep, good point - you will need spacers. The 80 series wheels are 4" BS, and 60's are 3.5" BS. You'll prolly have a lift anyway, so a 1" spacer will give a wider stance and also enable the 80 series wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom