153 tooth flywheel for V8 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone put a 153 tooth flywheel in their chevy v8 conversion? I have a v8 for my cruiser but its a 87 motor one piece rear main seal with a 153 tooth flywheel. I kinda want to use the flywheel cause its light weight and Im building a cruiser for speed.:flipoff2:

What?
First off you should give up building a cruiser for speed.

Flywheel depends on what clutch you have, and a starter that works with it. If you have everything for the flywheel then it might work. Maybe this will clear up whatever your question is.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67735

well downey offroad says that you need to use their own special clutch for the conversion and a 168 tooth flywheel theres my problem more clearly.

I don't know for sure, but they may be referring to the short throw pressure plate. The short throw is because the stock clutch slave cylinder doesn't provide a lot of throw. I ended up with a Centerforce piece an it worked well.

The heavier flywheel may help in crawling, I don't know if you would notice any seat of the pants from lightweight flywheel.

Good luck.

Bret

I've used the 153 tooth flywheel in mini-truck V8 swaps. You have to use it with the AA bellhaous adapter to the stock trany.

That's the only reason to use this flywheel in any Toyota/V8 swap.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom