150 series trailer hitch/receiver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys,

I sold my beloved 120series fhe other day with over 300000 on the odo but still running strong and fully serviced... i am sure the new owner will be happy.

Reserved for a test drive a few 150 series in my area, will pick one up soon. The one I ma leaning to is the one without a trailer hitch...

I am looking for advice, I was going to buy a kit in Europe and install it my self... but the prices are outrageous 1500 euros and up with the ecu and the 13/7 pin wireing plug... found some used but not exactly what I am looking for...

I found this Draw-Tite Towing Hitch 75904 For 14-18 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Frame Receiver | eBay

And I am leaning to buy it... I like the US style 2in receiver that you can add the 50mm euro ot but for other uses I find it more versitle...

I wonder if a used/salvage hitch wiuld work from a 4runner or a Lexus GX460?

Can you guys suggest other options and or your experiance...?

Anybody have anything to offer?

Thanks for any input.

The tow hitch that you posted is very similar to the OEM that Lexus sells here and is rated to 6500 lbs. If this is not what you need ?? you can purchase a Curt hitch that is rated to 5000 lbs.
The one from Curt (rated at 5000 lbs) is attached to the rear cross member only with four bolts. Same as a 4Runner.
The OEM (rated at 6500lbs) is getting attached to the side main frame also with four bolts on each side.
I had installed the oem one at first then I remove it to allow for an additional gas tank installation. I don't need more then 5000lbs.
If you have the second gas tank behind the rear axle ??? then the OEM hitch they sell here will not work. The tank and THIS tow hitch use the same bolts holes.
The two arms that goes to the side rails have a different angle and this is because in US we have the spare tire under and not a gas tank.
Etrailer.com sells both. $500 vs $100 plus harness. I am not familiar with trailer connection in Europe but here we have 7 pins round and 4 pins straight. Most of class 2 rated to 5000lbs will have 4 pins. The seven pins is mostly needed if you have electric brakes on your trailer.
Decide your towing needs and take it from there.
Good luck

Hey, thanks a million for grttin back to me. I appreciate your input. I ended up buying this set on german ebay. It is in transit... i hope it works... i really don’t need the trailer hitch on daily basis... i just like the idea of having it and being able to hook a trailer up when I need it.

A4937599-F62A-4596-B89E-6D6829A508D2.jpeg

Hi guys, just in case someone ends up needing info on the update and installation. I did it all by myself in about 45 mins. It was quite easy. The one thing I love about Yota is, not only did they leave the mounting holes (threaded, M12 1.25 x6) they left a master plug so I just routed the cables and plugged it all in, it worked without any other mods.

Here is a pic of the finished install.

2DA9B98A-1046-448A-86DB-70E11FA4F92A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom